1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

'Nam grunt running

Discussion in 'Painting Techniques' started by Bert Takken, Jul 29, 2004.

1. Bert Takken New Member

Netherlands
    My fast latest figure I finished
    After these I finished a buste of M. Wittman
    And now on my workbench the 200 mm figure "the thin red line" of Squadron, a 1/25 scale figure of a german soldier mfg tamiya and a few Vietnam 1/35 figgies for my first real dio
    [IMG]

[IMG]

Please tell me your opinion, uhh about the painting not the photograpical technique :)
    Bert
  2. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Hello Bert,

Or it is the light of the picture or it is the minimum hightlights. There is to little contrast in the figure.
    I find the eyes pop-up, maybe make the white smaller. That helps.
    I like your grondwork,.
    After all very nice painting but as i said in the beginning there is to little contrast in the painting. Highlight and shadow more.

But that is my opion.

Greetings Marc.
  3. JL Segundo Jr. New Member

Bert,
    Interesting figure. Who is the manufacturer? Curios 'cause my father used the M-179? in Vietnam.
    Thanks,
    JLS Jr.
  4. Bert Takken New Member

Netherlands
    Thanks JL
    It's a Verlinden 120 mm figure with M-79, I start with collecting and painting Vietnamfigures and till now the Verlinden are the easiest to get (and the most)
    Bert
  5. Pete_H New Member

The figure in question was manufactured by Warriors several years ago.
  6. Bert Takken New Member

Netherlands
    Are you sure? It's possible, but I got the figgie in a Verlindenbox. So I doubt now .Most of the time, I throw the box away and painted the figgies from ref pics found on the net or in books
    Bert
  7. RobH Active Member

United-Kingdom
    which in turn was based exactly on a 54mm Chota sahib figure if memory serves
  8. Rob Brown Member

United-States
    I'm pretty sure Pete's right that this kit is a Warriors kit, which is OOP at this point. It's actually one I have been looking for. What were your colors for the skin (African American)?? Water looks good.
    Rob
  9. Bert Takken New Member

Netherlands
    Well, thanks, when you said it's a Warrior, it is.
    Thanks for the waterjudgement, it was pretty though to do something for the first time.
    The skintones are very easy. I mix titan white, ocre yellow, burnt sienna and a little india red till a basic skintone, then with adding burnt till the basic negroide color, highligting with a mix from basic negroidecolor and the basic skintone and shadowing with the basic negroide and black, upper hihhlights were done with white, deeper shadows with black. All done wet in wet
    Bert