1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Mystery part ...

Discussion in 'General Figure Talk' started by Russ, Aug 14, 2022.

1. Russ Active Member

United-States
    Hey, all -

I have the Sabot Miniatures bust SMFB006 "Pueblo Indian". There are only three pieces: the main bust, the feathers, and a small, finger-like piece on a separate sprue (pictures attached). For what it's worth, the same part appears in both the 1/12 and the 1/6 kits.

The box art is very dark, and I've searched the internet, but I can't for the life of me figure out what the mystery part is or where it's supposed to go.

TIA - Any help will be appreciated!! :)

Sabot Pueblo kit.jpg Sabot Pueblo mystery part.jpg
  2. Wayneb A Fixture

United-States
    Not familiar with this bust but like it. Looks like a tooth that fits in that recess on his temple area based on the pics relative to size. too small for a horn. Tip looks broken off. I'm calling it a boar's tooth.

Wayne
  3. arj A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    It looks like the end of the upturned strand(s) of hair on the right side.
    Have a look at the following box art:-

SMFB005-6.jpg
    Cheers,
    Andrew
    Oda and Nap like this.
  4. Russ Active Member

United-States
    OMG!!! YOU'RE RIGHT!!

Like so many things in life, it's obvious once you know the answer. Thanks!! ;)
    Oda likes this.
  5. Wayneb A Fixture

United-States
    A picture says a thousand words.
  6. Russ Active Member

United-States
    I can see it in the box art now, but only because I know it's there. I thought it was a claw of some kind, part of the ornamentation, so I never even thought about looking in the hair. My robot-like cognition fails me again. :unsure:
  7. Nap Moderator

England

Glad it's solved , I would have said the hair strands

Look forward to seeing more on this

Happy benchtime

Nap