1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Critique Myrmillo

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by jimias, Dec 5, 2010.

1. Marcel Active Member

Spain
    Great conversion and superb paintwork Dimitrios! (y)

Cheers,
    Marcel.
  2. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Dimitrios,

Superb painting and sculpting my friend. The tiger skin wrap is a beautiful piece of painting.
  3. brian A Fixture

Scotland
    Dimitrios i salute you!!! A fantastic paint job and great weathering. I wouldn't like to meet this guy on a dark night.
    Brian
  4. jimias A Fixture

Greece
    Thank you all guys for your comments! I m really glad you like the final result.
  5. dimgall Active Member

Greece
    great job Dimitri!the flesh and tiger skin are my favorites!
  6. Ferris A Fixture

Turned out a beauty Dimitrios; congratulations on an excellent finish!!

Please allow me a question: could you explain how you did the metal on the shield boss and the decorations on his belt? They looks very bronze-like and I'd love to try your technique for this...

Cheers,
    Adrian
  7. jimias A Fixture

Greece
    Thank you all for the positive feedback guys.
    Adrian my friend for the metals i started by making a mix of Stormtroopers gold ink with Vandyke Brown oils and a mix of Vandyke Brown with Pthalo green. Applied lights and shadows and blended. Then highlighted with pure Stormtroopers ink and for highest lights i used another gold ink i have much more intense with a bit of Pthalo green. For shadows i added ivory black to the first dark mix until pure black was used for outlining the designs. Hope that helps a bit.