My new Manscave (painting studio)

Discussion in 'General Figure Talk' started by megroot, Apr 17, 2013.

1. DEL A Fixture

Scotland
    Don't listen to Einion :D beer improves any environment....more beer improves it exponentially.
    Why not have a totally beer diet....what's the worst that can happen?......you get Scurvy.......think of it as an historical experience and paint some pirates (y)
    Great looking room....lucky you.
    Cheers
    Derek
  2. Uruk-Hai PlanetFigure Supporter

Sweden
    On the other hand, quite a few of the top modellers have only a very small table with a light as a worktable or model on tray in the livingroom while watching the telly and still brings astonishing result.

Marc, you will however find out that even if you do have a lot of space now, it wont be long before it is all used up and the order is long gone. :cool:

Less beer might improve the result, at least how other modellers percieve it, but in the end, is it really worth it? :cautious:

Cheers
    Janne Nilsson
  3. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Your "Mancave" is perfect, Marc. I like yours better than my own.
  4. balder PlanetFigure Supporter

Canada
    It's so neat and tidy. I'm envious. My workspace in the basement looks like a tornado hit it!
    Gerald
  5. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    It can't be a man cave if its tidy. I sense the influence of a Mrs. Marc.

Disorder breeds creativity!

Colin
  6. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Thanks guys,

Much apreciate the comments, but nothing to improve I believe.
    As far as the beer comsuption goes, I drink only one sometimes two small bottles of beer, and it must be Belgian or German. As a real Dutchman I don't drink Amstel beer or Heineken. I always say: If I urinate my Palm I got Heineken;)
    Mostly I drink IceTea sugerfree. I Got to keep in shape for my other hobby: racing on the bicycle.

Janne, I know, the painting doesn't get better with alot of room. It's the hand that make's the results.
    But if you have the space, why don't use it. And I think within a few month's things get changed. But for now, it fits.

Guy, thanks, If I remember well, you have more space and show cabinets, then most off us can dream of.

Marc
  7. Uruk-Hai PlanetFigure Supporter

Sweden
    I think having space is important for some, like me( or rather SWMBO), but others dont care.

Cheers
    Janne Nilsson
  8. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    What's wrong with Peroni Marc:D
    Good job you don't drink with father Jack ,that priest can fare put it away vepevellu+rolled+a+random+image+posted+in+comment+23+at+_304c65c96654936dfe4cce080a1275f9.jpg
  9. Helm A Fixture

England
    I've got a large dining table as my work surface but somehow ending up doing all my work in about 8 square inches :unsure:

Steve
  10. polyphemus Well-Known Member

I think most of us actually paint in a very small area of the work surface. What does make a difference is all the storage area when you have access to a large table or even better a spare room.
    For 7 years I had a spare room with plenty of storage book shelves etc. 3 years ago I had to surrender that room for family reasons and now I work at an old writing bureau in a 1 metre square alcove. When the bureau's open I can't access the storage drawers underneath and that means I have to clear the working area to get out that item I always forget when setting up. It's at that point I remember that film I really must watch or any other excuse not to bother painting.

Moral; when you get that workroom resist like hell any pressure to give up any part of it.

Geoff
    napoleonpeart likes this.
  11. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Can relate to the writing bureau used one when the boys were young just shut the lid lock and all was safe .
    Problem when open can't access the drawers , hence the reason it will be cut up for bases as the boys are now in different continents :)
    polyphemus likes this.
  12. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Might do the new mancave as a WIP :D
  13. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Marc,
    Congratulations on the new workspace. It is great to clean up and start afresh. I'll drink to that.
    Cheers
    John
  14. brian A Fixture

Scotland
    I'm jealous Marc!!!!
    Brian
  15. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    terrific idea.
    There's nothing wrong with Peroni, but I really don't like the taste of PILSENER Beer.
    I only like the beers made with Top Fermentation.

Marc
  16. Uruk-Hai PlanetFigure Supporter

Sweden
    Me likes the Peroni and similar Pilsnertypes. I picked up the habit during the World Expo in Rome 2003. And still ten years later I make myself an Italian lunch with Parmaham, Salami, cheese etc which I gulp down with the help of the earlier mentioned Peroni. Its especially a treat on hot summer days.

Cheers
    Janne Nilsson
  17. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    (y)(y) Goes great with anti pasti on a warm day
  18. DEL A Fixture

Scotland
    Peroni is very average....Birra Moretti is much better. I'm with Marc though top fermentation rules (y)
    Also
    Newcastle Brown Ale (y)(y) goes great with a fish supper any day.
    John Bowery likes this.
  19. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Del,
    "Newcastle Brown Ale (y)(y) goes great with a fish supper any day. "
    Stop you are making me hungry and thirsty ????:eek::cry: Good job their are some Irish pubs over here that serve the above.(y)
    Cheers
    John
    DEL likes this.
  20. DEL A Fixture

Scotland
    Mind you John there are some real world class brews coming from micro and craft brewers throughout the states (y)
    Pretty good with a proper burger.
    Cheers
    Derek