1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

My New Box Diorama in-process

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Billhoran, Apr 18, 2005.

1. Billhoran New Member

United-States
    Here is a sneak peak at figures from my in-process Box Diorama. The working title is "Hancock's Attack". Ultimately it wil include around 40 figures depicting Hancock's massive early morning attack throught the dense would of the Wilderness forest near the Orange Plank Road, May 6, 1865.

So far I have complete 26 of the figures.

It will debut in Boston, and will then be headed to Italy, so Boston will be the only opportnity to see it in the USA.

Bill

Attached Files:

2. Billhoran New Member

United-States
    Second Image...

Attached Files:

3. BESPJL Active Member

Portugal
    Bill,

a wonderfull work (as usual) and impressive. Can't wait to see the final.

Paulo
  4. Billhoran New Member

United-States
    And the third ...

Attached Files:

5. Billhoran New Member

United-States
    Sorry for the poorly edited intro ...let me try again:

Here is a sneak peak at figures from my in-process Box Diorama. The working title is "Hancock's Attack". Ultimately it will include around 40 figures, depicting Hancock's massive early morning attack through the dense woods of the Wilderness forest near the Orange Plank Road, May 6, 1865.

So far I have completed 26 of the figures.

It will debut in Boston, and will then be headed to Italy, so Boston will be the only opportunity to see it in the USA.

Bill
  6. Uruk-Hai PlanetFigure Supporter

Sweden
    Looks very good, but what else were to be expected? :)
    Like the different expressions of the fellows.

As Im working on a box myself although with some fewer figures making the scene, it would be very interesting to see the technical bit of the box and the dispostion/layout.

Do you plan to have a veil?
    How about ventilation?
    Battery or transformer?
    AC or DC?

Cheers
  7. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Hello Bill,

It is impressive, amazing etc. Where do you get your ideas. And what about making more then 40 figures and painting them all in a great standard. I have no words for it.
    Can we see it at Euro Militaire this year??

Keep posting

Marc
  8. RobH Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Gobsmacked!! :eek:

this looks like it will totally amazing when complete!

26 figures complete! no wonder you've been quiet!

Are you ignoring parts on figures that won't be seen? (rear etc). Are you working on figures one at a time, or batches?

impressed so far!
    Rob
  9. elvis A Fixture

:eek: :eek: impressive work my friend!!! god bless your hands. you are great. Take care your friend Luca.
  10. y_wong New Member

Dear Bill,

A fantastic piece of work. Looking forward to its completion. Such quality and quantity in so short period of time.

regards :)
  11. nagashino New Member

Hello Bill

This looks absolutely terrific. So many faces, so many expressions from fear to grim determination. Truly masterful stuff (y)

Kind regards

Phil
  12. Automata Member

United-States
    Wow Bill, that looks like its going to be great! I can't wait to see it in Boston.

Barry
  13. Javi Mendez Member

Yes, this is the proof.

No matter how much a improve my modelling and painting. I will always be millions of miles and years away of something like this.

Congratulations!

Regards.

javi
  14. Billhoran New Member

United-States
    Answers to a few questions...

Janne - it will run on a 12V tranformer, with a 3-4 inch black-velvet lined reveal, or "inner frame". The electrical work will get uinderway in earnest in about 10 days.

Rob: Yes, the backs of the figures are unfinished ... and pretty damned funny to look at (notice the absence of visible legs below the second rank figures in the first photo? - these gaps will be filled later). The second rank is basically made up of putty blobs with heads, kepis and rifle fragments attached - the visible portions carefully painted - the difficult/impossible to see portions painted a neutral matt black. These "busts" are wired to the back of the front rank.

Yes, I am working on the figures in batches, or "modules" as I am calling them. Each module is 3-6 figures in two ranks. The Union battle line, emerging over a rise, will be about 18-20 soldiers wide in two ranks. I have also completed another module, and two stand-alone Union soldiers - including a National color bearer.

Marc: I don't think it will be at Euro this year... maybe St. Vincent...

Bill
  15. Robin Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Fantastic stuff, I just can't imagine attacking without weapons ready to use, Brave men

Robin
  16. thegoodsgt Active Member

United-States
    That's more figures than I paint in a decade!

Are you altering your painting style at all to accomodate the more "in scale" lighting inside the box?
  17. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    AWESOME STUFF,Bill !! I'll certainly be looking forward to seeing it in the "flesh" at Boston later this year. Cheers !
    Kenneth.
  18. Billhoran New Member

United-States
    Somewhat. The faces, and the upper bodies that are visible are being painted in my normal fashion. The lower bodies and the portions only partly visible are painted very dark with a few highlights to accentuate details. The backs ... well...

Bill
  19. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Bill , you leave me with no words. Simply too much. It will be the first I will look for in Boston.

Stephen Mallia
  20. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    That is truly amazing! One that I won't get to see in person unfortunatly since I can't make it to Boston, so please keep the pix coming. 40 figures in one project indeed, I doubt that I have successfully painted 40 figures in my lifetime, showoff. :lol: :lol: :lol: