1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

My lucky hand - The End

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by petit belge, Jan 21, 2008.

1. petit belge New Member

Belgium
  2. vergilius New Member

Belgium
  3. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Excellent Roger, looks like a nice glass of Oud Bruin!!! :)

Roger
  4. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Good work Roger,
    For my English friend.
    Oud Bruin is no Belgium beer, but Dutch.
    It looks more like a Trappist, but not in those fancy glasses from the last decade.

Marc
  5. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    I think one of our Belgian friends better settle this one Marc :)

Roger
  6. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Maybe, but Oud Bruin is Dutch. I grow up untill my thirties near the Belgian Border, and always liked the strong Belgian Beers.
    Dark brown beer like this must be a double trappist. Tripple is yellowish. I think it good be a Westmalle, Grimbergen, Petrus etc, etc etc.

Roger, if you come to our show we good have some of this good stuff together. I'm very sure at the end of the day we could make more jokes in one hour then we paint figure's in a lifetime :D:D:D:D

Marc
  7. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Your making me feel very thirsty. The bottom shelf of one of my figure cabinets is reserved for my beer glasses. There are ones from Westmalle, Vondel, Karmeliet Tripel (One of my favourite beers), Rodenbach, Hoegaarden and Piraat.
    I would like nothing better than sharing some beers and jokes.
    I'm going to have one now, you've talked me into it:D

Roger
  8. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Roger,
    One year ago i trow all the beerglasses that i colleted in the past 40 years in the trashbin. If i know that you collect them i would have send them to you. And yes the Karmeliet is one of the best.
    See you in Antwerp

Marc
  9. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    That would have been worth it just to see my wifes face:D

Sorry for hi-jacking this thread Roger but being Belgian yourself I'm sure you'll forgive us:)
  10. Marcel Active Member

Spain
    Good paint job and very nice setting.
  11. petit belge New Member

Belgium
    Let me solve this beer problem. It couldn’t have been a Belgian beer. Only a small part of our country wasn’t occupied by the Germans (like in the comic strips of Asterix). There was not enough raw material to brew and all cupper was confiscated. In that part of the Yser many pubs brew theyr own beer from French malt, Belgian hops and a lot of stuff you normaly don’t use in the beer making proces. The majority of the ales and malts where imported from Great Britain and here they are drinking one, namely a Guinness. Sometimes the barman mixed the imported beers with his own.

Oud bruin does still exist in Belgian and is brewed in Diest. It’s a 5% vol. alcohol dark brown and clear beer.

Your health!
  12. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Thank you Roger very interesting. I thought I'd heard of a Belgian beer called Oud Bruin aswell as a Dutch one. But when Marc queried it I thought it must be my memory playing tricks.

Roger
  13. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Oke, I'm the stupid guy. Because Oud Bruin is the darkest beer in the Netherlands. (every sunday morning after a bicycle ride we drink some bottles to make the sugar in our blood at normal value :D)
    Never know that there was a Belgian to. Gonna look at my Local Dealer (in Stabroek near Antwerp) for some.
    At least the barman made some good bears out of nothing for his quest's.

Marc
  14. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Not true. You have a beer called Oud Bruin and you didn't know the Belgians did too, nothing stupid about that.
    I'd like to come on one of your bike rides. It's another interest of mine and also involves stopping off at nice country pubs for a beer or two:D

Let me know which beers you get Marc, there's a very good beer shop not too far from where I live that has a lot of Belgian ales.

Roger
  15. petit belge New Member

Belgium
    'Old brown' is a name for special brewed beer with many different flavours.
    Old brown Netherlands beer is an underfermented one, sweet to very sweet and with a law alcohol percent. They add sugar after the brewing proces. In the old days this was done when the brew had failed. Brands: Heineken, Grolsch, Brand and Bavaria.
    Belgian brown beer is upfermented and brewed mostly in Oudenaarde and Roeselare (Flanders). It has been rested in oak barrels til a lactid acid is become. It is not so sweet as the Netherlands brown beers, rather light sour. The ‘Lambik’ beers are a kind of brown beers and used for the mixing with fruit extracts. Brands: Zulte, Rodenbach (is a red brown beer), Bruin’s ale, Pater bruin bier, Bruintje, Pilaarbijter bruin, Leroy bruin and many, many others.

Schol!
  16. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    I've had Lambic, which I enjoyed and had a lovely sourish bite to it.
    Rodenbach is from Roeselare I think Roger? That's a beer avaiable here to me here in the UK.
  17. petit belge New Member

Belgium
    Yep, Rodenbach is from Roeselare, mostly a summer beer on a pavement with some shrimps from the North Sea. Some add grenadine to make it more sweeter. It's not my taste, I like my beer brown or blond (trimple or dubbel tripple), strong and sweet = abbey beer.
  18. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    I'm starting to feel thirsty again. I've got to agree, I like my abbey beers too.
    Triple or Double, however the mood takes me. I think I mentioned my favourite earlier, Karmeliet Tripel, hmmmmm.

The sign of a good vignette is a discussion about beer:)

Roger
  19. petit belge New Member

Belgium
    Karmeliet is one of the best strong beers. If you like this one than, if you've ever have the opportunity to drink a dark 'Kasteelbier', you never drink something else. Look out! It's a tricky one.

Viva les figurines! ...Hips!...Sorry.
  20. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    I think it is time for a new thread.
    What are your favorit beers when you are painting or at a figure show???

Marc