1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

My Latest..."Waiting for Dark..."

Discussion in 'Completed Figures' started by bwildfong, Aug 24, 2015.

1. bwildfong Well-Known Member

Canada
    Hi all,

Been such a busy summer that this is all I've been able to complete - a straight up and down RAF officer in 1/32 (35?) from Wings Cockpit Figures, sculpted by pF-er Andy Cairns. I did a couple of modifications, replacing the head with one from Hornet, as was the right hand holding the ciggie. I also added a few straps and bits on the Mae West as well. I painted him up in the usual oils over acrylics:

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

As always, any critiques (brutal or otherwise) or comments are greatly appreciated.

Cheers and thanks for lookin',

Brian
  2. peedee A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I like this, there's some good old brylcreem boys figures outhere isn't there
    Well done Brian

Paul
  3. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    Nice one Brian. The worn in leather jacket looks great as does the face... you always manage to squeeze out every ounce of character from these guys.

Looking forward to your next one

Colin
    crf likes this.
  4. bwildfong Well-Known Member

Canada
    Thanks Paul - there's definitely some awesome pilot figgies out there - Wings Cockpit do some amazing ones (see John Belcher's latest Luftwaffe pilot from them) and Ultracast has always had a stable of superb Mike Good sculpts. The Ontario modellers (like the 2 Colin's) on this forum will attest that I have had a bad pilot addiction for several years now!

Thanks again for the kind words,

Brian
    ChaosCossack likes this.
  5. bwildfong Well-Known Member

Canada
    Thanks pal - appreciate the compliments. I played around with trying to give the sheepskin jacket that cracked and worn look by stippling some lighter colours on the high points, like Hardy Tempest used to do with his figures- I'm kinda happy with how it turned out.

Hope I'll be able to make the SWOFC mtg in Sept. - feel kinda sheepish since I've missed the last 2 - can a person actually be kicked out for non-attendance or will I have to serve detention? :)

Thanks again,

Brian
    ChaosCossack likes this.
  6. Paul Kernan A Fixture

Canada
    You really do know how to squeeze in every bit of detail. As for an addiction...time for an intervention??? How about the next club meeting?:rolleyes:
  7. bwildfong Well-Known Member

Canada
    Aww geez Paul - I don't need no intervention; I don't have a problem; I can quit any time I want... ;) I will try to get to the Sept mtg though.

Thanks for the kind comment!

Brian
  8. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    No Brian you won't get kicked out or detention but you might have to sit on a high stool at the front of the class wearing the tall pointy hat. After three absents you get the strap... Least that's how it worked when I was truant from school. You can tell how long ago that was because I still use the word truant.

See you at the meeting

Colin
  9. bwildfong Well-Known Member

Canada
    Oh, you tease...
    ChaosCossack likes this.
  10. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
  11. tiberius57 A Fixture

Canada
    Very, very nice work, Brian! No surprises here! Top class textures!(y)
    You know what? During our next meeting you should do an oil painting seminar.
    Cheers mate and see you soon.
    Zeno :)
    ChaosCossack likes this.
  12. bwildfong Well-Known Member

Canada
    Thanks Zeno - much appreciated. As for an oils seminar, perish the thought - nobody paints in oils any more! :)

Cheers,
    Brian
  13. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    Dude I just am starting. Oils are now misunderstood and under appreciated.
  14. bwildfong Well-Known Member

Canada
    ...story of my life, dude; story of my life... ;)
    crf likes this.
  15. arj A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    It's not often that a modern figure on a simple base is immediately eye-catching (to me).
    Your mods and excellent painting have produced a true 'wow' factor.
    It looks perfect from every angle.

Cheers,
    Andrew
  16. bwildfong Well-Known Member

Canada
    Thanks very much for the kind comments, Andrew; glad he caught your eye. Personally, I felt that it came off a little soft on the painting, not quite the sharpness that I so admire from other Pf-ers work, but hey if you liked it, I'm a happy guy.

Thanks for looking,

Brian
    ChaosCossack likes this.
  17. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Brian,
    Wonderful colour on the jacket and nicely painted altogether.
    Cheers
    John
  18. bwildfong Well-Known Member

Canada
    Thanks John, much appreciated!

Cheers,
    Brian
  19. Joe55 A Fixture

United-States
    Love it (y) !

Has that look as though he's going over procedures in his mind.

Joe
  20. swralph A Fixture

Nicely painted muted colour's.