1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

My latest project

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Bluesking, Apr 16, 2005.

1. Bluesking Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Here is a work in progress view of my latest project - Woodland Indians playing Lacrosse. The will be 7 figures in total ( although only four in photo). They are made from Magic sculpt with Hornet heads and Historex hands. I will post further pictures in due course.

Attached Files:

2. Bluesking Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Another view

Attached Files:

3. Bluesking Active Member

United-Kingdom
    One more for luck

Attached Files:

4. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Stephen,

Wow what an ambitious first project! Looking really nice so far. Any close ups of the figures?

Joe
  5. RobH Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Wow Stephen!

I agree with Joe, very ambitious project, and a great idea! Looks good so far, but I too would love to see some closer pics

nice one

Rob
  6. Bluesking Active Member

United-Kingdom
    I will post some close ups once I start painting - I promise. I plan to use a Verlinden camoflauge net to complete their sticks and add a bit more detail totheir hair etc with A & B - so many ideas so little time.

Thanks for the encouragement
  7. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Looks great so far! Quite original as a concept! I look forward to close-ups and painting.

all the best,
    Dan
  8. Roy New Member

United-Kingdom
    Stephen...that's great that you're approaching such a large action packed project, must have taken some planning....please show us some close-ups of the sculpting...it looks great so far...we just want a closer look...go on...please...please :) :)

Kindest regards.

Roy.
  9. Bluesking Active Member

United-Kingdom
    I will post further pictures in due course, the idea came to me as I wanted to do an action piece , having been inspired by the Woodland Indians of John Long and Alan Ball. I could not think of a suitable "incident" but then remembered the Lacrosse game in the film "Last of the Mohicans". I started out aiming at 3 figures; then 4 and ended up with 7 but I think I will settle on a final 6. I have a nice burr Yew base which will accomodate them without being too crowded.
    Glad you like them, it's the first time I have shown any of my own figures.
  10. Roy New Member

United-Kingdom
    Well I reckon you've concieved a really great little piece Stephen...and in this small scale too...
    it's great to act on inspiration, and I can see it is looking very exciting.
    Can't wait to see where you go from here.

Nice one mate.

Roy.
  11. quang Active Member

Belgium
    Hello Blues Brother Stephen,

This is a most ambitious and exciting first-time project.

The composition is excellent (volume, masses, 'action' lines,...). You've got the basics (anatomy, proportions,...) well covered and just right as well. (y)

Adding the small details and textures would be downhill ;) BUT take your time, there's no need to hurry!

Sioux-zi-Q. :)