My LAtest Project

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Le Lancier, Oct 29, 2004.

1. Le Lancier Member

Canada
    Andrea's Roman Centurion. QUite a nice kit.

[IMG]

I'll keep you posted on my progress

Francis :)
  2. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    He is looking good so far Francis...............keep us posted on your progress
  3. Le Lancier Member

Canada
    Little by little, detail by detail, this one is comming right along ;)

[IMG]

[IMG]

Francis
  4. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    I have to agree Francis......he has come along way and looks great. I like the way you have him looking down and to the right.....nice touch
  5. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    He is coming along quite nicely indeed Francis. Keep it up man. i'm sure you will have a great looking figure at the end. And since i'm a painting maniac.. i have to ask? Are you using acrylics, enamels or oils? I'm curious also in your flesh mix.
  6. Le Lancier Member

Canada
    Thanks Guy for your valued comments

Hi Xenofon, to answer your question, I use pretty well every medium you mentioned as well as inks. I use oils exclusively for skin. I use Burnt Sienna, white, a touch of yellow and a touch of permanent red for my base colour. I add white and raw umber for light and shadow. I like to add a touch of black to both colours to tone them down a bit. I don't have a written down recipy for each tone. I prepare my base colour and move from there. It's a question of feeling I guess :lol:

I use enamels and acrylics for armor, uniforms and equipment. Inks are good for finer details IMHO.
  7. Le Lancier Member

Canada
    I'm done, at last, after over 4 months of on and off labor, this Roman centurion can take its rightful place in my collection, among its white metal and resin brothers :lol:

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  8. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Super work Francis. I really like the way he has turned out. How did you make the plaque for the front of the base? Super touch to the finished figure.
  9. Le Lancier Member

Canada
    Sorry Guy, I have got to learn to log in before attempting to answer, aaarrrggg!!!! :lol:
  10. Ernest A Fixture

Venezuela
    Great figure, I like the plake design over the base, cuold you explain us how you doing?

ER
  11. Le Lancier Member

Canada
    Thank you Ernesto. For the plaque, here is the technique described in an earlier message: