1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

My Latest..."for Frodo..."

Discussion in 'Completed Figures' started by bwildfong, Aug 22, 2012.

1. bwildfong Well-Known Member

Canada
    ... actually, it's for my daughter - a welcome home present after she completed a 5 week study trip to Central America, a big deal for a young 16-year old. Anyway, it's Andrea's 54mm rendering of Strider/Aragorn from LOTR painted up in oils over acrylics. Hope you like...

[IMG] [IMG]

[IMG] [IMG]

[IMG]

As always, any comments and advice are much appreciated.

Cheers and thanks for looking,

Brian
  2. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    Very nice work and I am sure she will be happy with it
    Ben
  3. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    Wonderful Brian. Great groundwork. The tree is very evocative of the forest and your oils are very subtly done. I also like the varying shine for leather vs fabric. Can`t think of a negative thing to say....which is saying something for me.

Colin
  4. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Brian,
    Well done and great leather.
    Cheers
    John
  5. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Very subtle paintwork.
    Love the groundwork too,
    Carl.(y)
  6. bwildfong Well-Known Member

Canada
    Thanks all for the very kind comments - much appreciated as always.

Thanks also for noticing the groundwork - the tree stump is actually included as part of the kit's base and just required a few more roots and a bit of re-sculpting to convincingly fair in the attachment point of the figure's right boot. I used Hudson and Allen leaves (aka birch seeds) for a quickie ground cover - my daughter was arriving home about 6 hours after I had just finished painting the figure and I needed to complete the base in a hurry:)

Again, thanks for looking !

Cheers,

Brian
  7. NickM Well-Known Member

Australia
    Lovely painting and ground work, Brian. Great job, mate!
    Cheers