1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

My latest..."A Good Day's Work"...

Discussion in 'Completed Figures' started by bwildfong, Mar 9, 2015.

1. bwildfong Well-Known Member

Canada
    Hey all,

Just finished this one and snapped a few photos for comment. He's a WW2 USMC pilot, based on the 1/32 Navy Pilot from Wings Cockpit, beautifully sculpted by Nino Pizzichemi.

I modified the basic figure somewhat, thinning down his jawline a bit and adding a holstered '45 to his hip. I also replaced his right hand - the sculpted hand was meant to be grasping the propeller of a Hellcat or Corsair, but there was no way I was talented enough to sacrifice the Tamiya Corsair for a wedgie:eek: ! Instead, I scrounged a hand from my spares box, separating the fingers and folding the thumb in to show our man indicating his score from the recent mission, hence the piece's title, " A Good Day's Work":

[IMG]

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

He's painted up in the usual oils over acrylics. The palm fronds on the base were made from ordinary paper.

As always, any comments or advice greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Brian
  2. Paul Kernan A Fixture

Canada
    Nice one Brian. Another winner(y)
  3. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    What a surprise. Another plane driver :) as usual he looks terrific Brian. Your low tech solution to palm fronds is really efective.

Looking forward to a close up view.

Colin
    captnenglish likes this.
  4. bwildfong Well-Known Member

Canada
    It's a sickness, Colin :) Thanks for the kind comment though- hopefully I'll be in Hamilton. Am following the Hussar sculpt/paint - great as usual!

Thanks Paul - much appreciated. Am avidly watching the progress on the Spartan - looks awesome so far!

Cheers,

Brian
    captnenglish likes this.
  5. NickM Well-Known Member

Australia
    Nice work, as always Brian. I love the modification you made to his hand, showing his day's tally. Great idea!
    captnenglish likes this.
  6. Ferris A Fixture

Nice idea and execution! Great little figure.

Cheers
    Adrian
  7. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Excellent work.

Bob
  8. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Stunning work.

Marc
  9. bwildfong Well-Known Member

Canada
    Thanks gents - much obliged for the kind comments.

BTW I've just read that MDC, who carries the Wings Cockpit range, is shutting down its retail side effective March 31 2015. Does anybody know who else, if anybody, carries the Wings Cockpit line? I'd like to continue to pick up more of their figgies - gotta continue to feed that pilot addiction!

Cheers,

Brian
    captnenglish likes this.
  10. tiberius57 A Fixture

Canada
    Great piece, Brian! Hope to see this flying boy along with the others in Hamilton! Please bring the knight that you worked recently, too. (y)
    Cheers my friend!
    Zeno :)
  11. bwildfong Well-Known Member

Canada
    Thanks Zeno - appreciate it.

The plan is to be in Hamilton, although I may be very jet-lagged; in short, I might just be as foggy and confused as usual:)

Cheers,

Brian
    tiberius57 and crf like this.
  12. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Brian,
    Very nicely converted making a different character entirely. Well done and thanks for the palm fronds.
    Cheers
    John
  13. bwildfong Well-Known Member

Canada

Thanks John!

Brian