1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

My Latest... a Canuck tankie...

Discussion in 'Completed Figures' started by bwildfong, Aug 16, 2014.

1. bwildfong Well-Known Member

Canada
    Hey all,

Been a while but here's some shots of my most recent - a trooper of the Canadian Grenadier Guards Tank Rgt. in the Rhineland in 1945. He's a 1/35 Alpine figgie with an Ultracast head, painted up in the usual oils over acrylics:

[IMG][/URL][IMG][/URL]

[IMG][/URL] [IMG][/URL]

[IMG][/URL]

As always, any comments and advice much appreciated.

Cheers,

Brian
    Tarracus, TEZZA, tiberius57 and 10 others like this.
  2. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    Nice one Brian. Your shading of the jump suit is superb. I can't believe you get so much detail into those tiny little figures.

Colin
  3. bwildfong Well-Known Member

Canada
    Thanks, Colin - much appreciated. Taesung is the one who really deserves the kudos on this one - he sculpted an incredible amount of subtle wrinkle, fold and seam detail into the pixie suit and I feel that I only did justice to a small part of it; I didn't realize that me 51-year old eyes came with a set of shaky hands as a factory-installed option! ;)

Thanks again,

Brian
  4. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Lovely piece of work Brian.(y)
  5. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    Brian - if your eyes are still allowing you to see that detail at 51 you are probably good for the long haul. And I agree it's a great sculpture....but you still had to paint it and that ain't no dry brushing job.

Colin
  6. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Brian,
    Very well done and nice Khaki colour.
    Cheers
    John
  7. bwildfong Well-Known Member

Canada

Carl, John & Colin,

Thanks gents for the kind words - much appreciated. It's a great figure to take on as a project if you're interested in the period or just a "khaki-nut" like me...

Colin, I did use your Optivisor for some of this, so the eyes are starting to need a little help - Bifocal City, here we come! ;)

Cheers all,

Brian
    tiberius57 and crf like this.
  8. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    Never could figure that gizmo out. Glad it's of some use. Not much shaky hand in evidence there though.

Colin
  9. swralph A Fixture

Lovely paintwork.
  10. NickM Well-Known Member

Australia
    Hi Brian, from one "khaki-nut" to another, lovely work mate :)
  11. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    Nice work!

Cheers,
    Pedro.
  12. bwildfong Well-Known Member

Canada
    swralph, Nick & Pedro:

Thanks very much for looking in guys and for the kind comments.

Cheers,
    Brian
  13. la quincaille New Member

very nice figure, it's a good idea to change the head:) , i think alpine figures are originals , not the most beautiful, but the heads are not great.
    where is the firefly ?;)
  14. bwildfong Well-Known Member

Canada

Thanks for the kind words - much appreciated.

As for the Firefly, he's standing on it - that Rhineland mud was somethin' deep! :LOL:

Cheers,

Brian
  15. tiberius57 A Fixture

Canada
    Hi Brian!
    Better late then never, my friend! Welcome to Club50 with Optivisor and shaky hands, but this is valid for me (Optivisor and shaky hands). No shaky hands here, Brian. More close to a surgeon type of performance.
    Awesome work! (y)
    Cheers,
    Zeno :)