1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

my last master

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by slaj, Nov 8, 2004.

1. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Hi guys.Just wanted to show you the last master I did for another italian firm. Apologies for the photos. The figure has 20 parts in all and I just couldn't hold them all together with blutac. It's a chasseur from the tirailleurs corse regiment ca.1808. I hope you like it.

Stephen Mallia

Attached Files:

2. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    rear

Attached Files:

3. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    face

Attached Files:

4. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    sword detail

Attached Files:

5. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    Looks Great Stephen :) me likes it a lot.
  6. rej Well-Known Member

Malta
    You're a ROAD RUNNER mate :angry: ............welldone, hope to see you on Wed ;)

Take Care and keep them rolling.

Ray :)
  7. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Stephen, Another nice figure. You've done a really good job on the hanger (sword).~Gary
  8. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Stephen, well done as usual. ;)

keep up the great sculpting.

Ciao

Roc :)
  9. LCoote New Member

Australia
    Stephen, perhaps it's just the picture, but the left arm looks a bit long and a bit stiff at the elbow, but nice work all the same.
  10. Jason W. Active Member

United-States
    Looks GREAT Stephen! The hanger is especially well done.

It would be awesome if you would give us an sbs sometime, on how YOU sculpt a head. We havn't seen one for this scale in awhile.
  11. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Guys , thanks for the nice words and encouragement.
    Leigh , your constructive insight is very appreciated. As to the left arm being longer , I doubt this very much. This is because both arms are made of 2 exact lengths of wire. This will make sure that the arms are of the same length. As to the visible stiffness of the same arm I think it's a matter of perspective. I explain why. I could have made a small break at the elbow , which undoubtedly would have made the arm look more pleasing to the eye. On the other hand when I tried both versions I found out that the little break in the elbow was going to take away the extremeness I was looking for. I know it's not that visible in these photos but looking at the figure from one particular angle (right / rear ) one can notice that apart from the fact that the arm is straight it's also slightly taken back. To add to this I even did a very slight break at the wrist taking the hand a little (only a little ) further back. Then again I think that both your version and mine are acceptable since I personally tried them both myself and even took some pictures of myself in these postures. Again ( not to make excuses :lol: ) , everything in the photos is just hanging ' by their nails '. my blu tac is a little old and not sticky anymore :lol:

Jason, your idea of an sbs about a head sculpt has been taken in consideration and logged in.Will do with the next one :lol:

Stephen Mallia
  12. jitch0t Member

Spain
    Hey Stephen, I like the pose and the details.

I also think that the idea of an sbs about sculpting a head will be great.

Regards
  13. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Thanks Daniel. Much appreciated

Stephen Mallia
  14. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Absolutely superb!~As usual, of course! I agree with everyone else. The pose and incredible detailing are a marvel. Great sculpting!

Have you ever considered doing a Franco-Prussian war figure? Maybe an Imperial French Zouave in 70mm? or a mounted French Cuirassier in same scale?
  15. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Hi Dan , thanks for your positive feedback. The subjects you mentioned have been in my mind for quite some. If not the exact subjects it would be the period. To start me off I will paint Elite's Hauptmann as a commission but I will definately sculpt a subject from that era. Obviously , when I do you will all get to see it.

Stephen Mallia