1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

My first miniature (viking)

Discussion in 'Brutal Honesty - Critique Center' started by Ryan_bg, Jul 20, 2017.

1. Ryan_bg Well-Known Member

Bulgaria
    Hello dear friends! This is my first try in sculpture.Skale 75mm, materials used: bees putty, steel wire, some magic-sculpt. The sculpture is not finished yet, but I can not wait to read your feedback. :)
    Your feedback, suggestions and critique will be much appreciated!

Best Regards, Georgi!
    IMG_1707.JPG IMG_1708.JPG IMG_1709.JPG IMG_1710.JPG IMG_1711.JPG IMG_1712.JPG IMG_1713.JPG IMG_1714.JPG
  2. mortier A Fixture

Germany
    Very good job for the first time
  3. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Georgi,
    Firstly welcome to pF and a great introduction, I like what you have achieved with your first sculpt.

My only personal critique and this may be down to the camera angles, but the sword scabbard looks too broad in comparison to the sword blade.

If Vikings are your thing you may find this site useful.
    http://www.hurstwic.org/history/articles/manufacturing/text/arms.htm#sword

cheers
    Richie
  4. Oda A Fixture

I trust that this is your first try at 75mm and not your first try at sculpting in general because as far as I am concerned you are definitely an accomplished sculptor.Good anatomy,posture and movement,naturalistic creases and folds,dramatic facial expression,well proportioned.A fine sculpt.Good one this,Georgi.

Oda.
    napoleonpeart likes this.
  5. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    As this is your first as you say, then you be very talented.
    This looks great.

Marc
  6. Ryan_bg Well-Known Member

Bulgaria
    Thank you guys for the kind worlds! Well, the truth is that before I started this sculpture I watched maybe hundreds of videos in youtube, I have read many tutorials and so on, for which I want to thank everyone who has done their hard work of filming or writing a tutorial!
    And no guys, I'm not a sculptor I have never practiced this before. I'm history teacher by education.

You have right Richie, I will have to fix the sword. :)

BR
    Georgi
  7. Tom W. Well-Known Member

Germany
    WOW!For the first figure......amazing!(y)
  8. blaster A Fixture

United-States
    Excellent piece. Great movement and vitality!

Rgds
    Victor
  9. robert110 Well-Known Member

Croatia
    First one? Fantastic !

Cheers
    Robert
  10. fogie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Lovely animation on this piece and an excellent feeling of authenticity. Nice one to paint !