1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

My first indian

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Jacek Spychalski, Jul 1, 2005.

1. Jacek Spychalski Member

Poland
    Hello guys,

This is my first "Native" paintwork (still in progress) and i have no experience in this subject
    Figure sculpted by Qang PF member (Qang ,i love this figure ! Congrats!)
    Scale 120mm
    All comments welcome :)
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

Best regards

Jacek
  2. Bluesking Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Jacek,

Very nice painting on one of my favourite figures. I hope you enjoyed it - we need more "Injun" fans.
  3. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Great work Jacek,

I like the whole setting and painting.
    Great.

marc
  4. Jacek Spychalski Member

Poland
    Than you very much guys :)

Best regards

Jacek
  5. quang Active Member

Belgium
    Hello Jacek,

Thank you for choosing the Hawkeye figure for your first Indian.

I like the overall ochre tones although I think that some greens and blues (on the clothing or the scenic base) would 'spice up' the piece.

IMO you can also improve on the Indian skin tones by using Naples Yellow instead of Titanium white in your mixes. Contrary to the general belief that American Indian skins need more red than Caucasian, it's the Naples Yellow that would make the difference by giving an 'inner glow' to the native skin tones.

On the historical aspect, the leggings used by the North Eastern tribes of that period were mostly made of black material (wool) decorated with ribbons (usually red silk).

On the other hand, the beaded accessories (bandolier, possible bag, knife and sash) are well done.

HTH,

Q.
  6. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Excellent work Jacek. I too have this kit but alas..........haven't had time to start it yet.
  7. Jacek Spychalski Member

Poland
    Thank you very much guys :)

Qang ,thanks for support and painting tips .

All the best

Jacek
  8. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Beautifully done, Jacek! As always! Quang's pose is super and very, very believable! I would like to have seen a fast-running stream parting on both sides of the rock, with some moss clinging to the rock.

all the best,
    Dan
  9. Jacek Spychalski Member

Poland
    Thank you Dan!

Best regards

Jacek
  10. Rob Brown Member

United-States
    really nice work Jacek, keep up the posting.