1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

My First Figure

Discussion in 'Painting Techniques' started by kenan1977, Dec 26, 2006.

1. kenan1977 New Member

Turkey
  2. Normo Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Kenan
    Welcome to the planet!
    Looks pretty good, can you take a couple of close ups for us?
    A minor critism, the clothing look a bit shiney is it perhaps the flash?
    If it is the paint finish we can help you to get rid of it Thats what the planet is all about!
    I like the pose and the bar, for a first attempt this is very good
    Figure painting gets very "Infectious"!!

Cheers

John
  3. Hammond_Lord Active Member

Hi Kenan!

If this is your first figure, I can anly imagine how your other work will look like! :) For a first time paintwork, your figure is really freat , apart from the shiny finish, but like John said, it might be the light effect from flash.

Keep up with the good work!

Cheers!

Nemanja :)
  4. kenan1977 New Member

Turkey
    John and Nemanja;
    Thank you for your comments.Clothing shine is from the flash.l thing l am not a good photographer :)
  5. AJLaFleche Well-Known Member

Welcome to the dark side! [IMG]

Very nice start in figure painting. Along with the comments above...looks like the vest buttons are the same color as the vest...painting them a different color will ad abit more visual interest. Also, the pin holding him to the base is visible under his right boot. If he's leaning against the bar and can only have his left boot toe on the floor, this may be a sculpting problem. Try to slide a thin brush under there with some black paint to disguise this.
  6. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Kenan,

Welcome to the dark side of the modellng world. It is like a virus, you never get it off.
    Now the painting: For the first attempt i must say it looks better then my first. Some things are said others had to be said. Remember, it is all to help you forward.
    I do not know if you paint in acrylic or oils but the basics ar the same.
    Once you have done your base color, you got to shade with a darker color or a complementair color. Just ad a minimum to the wrinkle and fade it out to the upper side.
    For a highlight made some lighter color of your basecolor ( i recommend not to use wight, but a yellowish color) and tip it on top of the wrink'le.
    Now fade it out down into the wrinkle.
    If you do it right you have a smooth transition between dark, mid en high tone's with all the transitions between.
    for oil painting read this: http://www.hfmodeling.com/modules.php?op=m...ticle&artid=410
    I look for the link to the instruction from Vallejo paints. Very informative about how to paint with acrylic. not exactly what i looked for but i found a very informative tutorial from PF member Stephen Malia.
    http://www.elgrecominiatures.co.uk/

But you are on the right track, keep painting and i'm hoping to see your second figure very soon.

Marc
  7. ryall Active Member

New_Zealand
    Hi Kenan

Well done, very nice figure.

Ryally
  8. kenan1977 New Member

Turkey
    Thank all of you for your nice comments.l think my next figür will better thna this. ;)
  9. vergilius New Member

Belgium
    very good for a first one
    keep painting
  10. Stephan Well-Known Member

Germany
    I think you should play a little bit with more shadow and highlights, but neverless for your first figure its a big job you did.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Hope will see your next project soon.