1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

My first Dinosaur Sculpt 120mm WIP

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Frank-Holger, Dec 7, 2006.

1. Frank-Holger Member

Having looked over my workbench and decided to figure out, on what figure I will begin to complete my workload. After doing a lot of horrorstuff, I thought to take a break and begin to complete my little Dinosaur first.

Here I show the progress on an 120mm Dinosculpt. It will be an Deinonychus. I have made an Endoskeletton from Aluminiumfoil and covered all with some Miliput. Detail Sculpting is done with Magic Sculpt.

The Head is roughed in, so the tail. One Leg is still missing.

I have found a pic in an Japanese Artbook and thought, hey, this could be great in small scale, so I deceided to give it a try. I will finish him these days and than I have to see if there is something to change. No problem to saw this critter again into pieces for maybe doing a better stance. But at the moment, I think it is ok so.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Thanks for looking!

Frank
  2. jaime Member

Spain
    Excellent work and very dificult too.

Jaime
  3. Christos Well-Known Member

Greece
    Looks very good Frank!
    best regards
    christos
  4. MAB Well-Known Member

Italy
    HI Frank
    good beginning of sculpture has one position much dynamics aspect to see it complete
    good job ;)

Saluti MAB :)
  5. Frank-Holger Member

Thanks guys! I hope to finish him soon and put the creature on a cool jungle base.

Frank
  6. vergilius New Member

Belgium
    Very good sculpting but painting it requires some imagination. I heard archeologists aren't sure about dino-colours.
  7. Frank-Holger Member

Patrick, you are right! The actual tendency in painting these creatures goes to more colourfull paint schemes, maybe some camouflage, although bright colours. I will check my books and think of a really inspirering but "realistic" paint scheme!

Frank