1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

My first conversion

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Fantomas, Apr 22, 2004.

1. Fantomas A Fixture

Canada
    [IMG]
    Hello, guys
    Here are a Northumbrian warrior made by latorre models and my first conversion from a similar figure. Any comments?
    Alex Khokhriakov
  2. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    G'Morning Alex,
    I would say your first attemp at a conversion went fantastically well. I like the changes you have made. What did you use for the cape? What period is your new warrior from?.........Keep up the great work!
  3. Grizzly Member

I like it too,like the addition of the horns on the helmet. :)
  4. Brad S Member

Alex, I like it too. What did you use for the cape and the horns? I myself have never done a conversion. I pretty much just painted figure for the last 2 years to find a technique that I like. Now I'm messing with changing the bases and eventually the figure, so I admire you taking that next step with the conversion and would like some info regarding what you did and any problems or ideas you had. Keep up the good work!

Brad Spelts
  5. Fantomas A Fixture

Canada
    Thank you for the comments, guys
    The cap was made from Milliput, as good as the belt for the shield and the horns I took from warhammer Dwarfs. By the way, I discovered that some accessories from Warhammer 25mm figures could fit to 54mm.
    At the beggining, I did have a clear idea of what I want to do. It was just an attempt to make something different, something personal.
    Alex