1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

My first 90mm

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by homellop, Mar 12, 2004.

1. homellop Active Member

Spain
    Hi folks.
    I post some pics of my first 90mm figure.
    He is a Jacobite young officer at the battle of Culloden.
    White Models figure.
    I've found painting more difficult than smaller scales.
    I've only started the face.A lot of stuff to paint.
    Any suggestion or criticism welcome.
    Best Regards
    jaume

Attached Files:

2. homellop Active Member

Spain

Attached Files:

3. Jason W. Active Member

United-States
    Flesh tones
  4. Lou Masses Member

United-States
    I can't see anything to critique!! It's beautiful. Really. You paint in acrylics? I've heard they can be more difficult in the larger scales. Are you finding that to be true?

Beautiful (y)
  5. KeithP Active Member

United-States
    Jaume-

I have enjoyed seeing your WWII 1/35th scale figs for some time. it is really great to see other eras and scales from you.

BTW, I had the same reaction when I tried my first 200 mm bust after spending most of my time on 1/35th or 54 mm. So, much area to paint, huh?

Keith
  6. gforceman Well-Known Member

Belgium
    WOW Jaume,
    I LOVE this one. The best you've done till now, again. Are you using antoher mix for your fleshtones, as they seem to be a bit less "yellowish". I prefer this mix if it's a new one. Please keep sending in pics of your work, as they are a true source of inspiration to me.

Gino

P.S. I hope no one you love or know has been hit by the terribles acts in Madrid yesterday. The Spanish people are a smart and proud people now we see how they react/ All coming on the streets without any violence. My thoughts are with you and all the other Spanish people.
  7. y_wong New Member

Hey Jaume, great skin tone. May I know your colour mixes?

regards
  8. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hola Jaume!

Now were talking! You've done a great job so far. I love your flesh tones! I am sure you are asked this 500 times a month, but what is your flesh mix? I would love to try it out
  9. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Your fleshtones are fantastic.
    Is it painted in oils or acrylics? If it's oils can you post your formula.

Roc. (y)
  10. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Jaume,

I agree, very nice work. I too have painted this figure and enjoyed it very much. I look forward to seeing your version and if you like I can show you mine.

Joe
  11. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Jaume, Wow, fantastic my friend. I always like to see your new work develope.~Gary (y)
  12. jitch0t Member

Spain
    qué tal fue la clase de pintura de caras con el D'Artagnan? ;) fotosss!

genial como siempre, me dejas impresionado
  13. homellop Active Member

Spain
    Hi folks.
    Thanks for the nice replies.

Lou: Yes I'm fiding I have to work a lot to get smooth transitions between lights and shadows.Bigger surfaces=more blending work
    Anyway I'm enjoying painting this guy

Gino: Glad to see you back again.I'll post another briton warrior soon( ).Yours is really stunning!

Anders,Rocco and y wong: I'm using the same colours I use to aint 1/35.Brown Sand(876)as base colour.Mixing Burnt Cadmium red (814) for shadows and Basic skintone for highlights(vallejo's).In this particular case I've been mixing some amounts of black to each colour to get a less bright finish.

Joe: Please! show us your version!.It's hard to see any painted rendition of this,in my opinion,superb sculpted figure.

Cheers

jaume
  14. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Very,very nice,Jaume ;thanks for sharing the skintone mix ! I intend to try the addition of a little black to each part of the mix and hope that I can replicate what you have done with yours.Cheers.
    Kenneth
  15. y_wong New Member

Thanks Jaume, I will be trying out your color mix.

regards
  16. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Jaume,

Here are a few pictures of my figure. It was painted using both oils and acrylics. I really like the way that yours is turning out and I am really looking forward to seeing your version!

Joe

Attached Files:

17. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Sorry but I can't find the site that Gordy told us about so I have to do it one at a time, help Gordy!

Attached Files:

18. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    another, again Jaume sorry for posting so many pictures on your thread,
    Joe

Attached Files:

19. Guy A Fixture

United-States
  20. Jason W. Active Member

United-States
    Jaume,
    Gorgeous work! Your are a huge inspiration to acrylic painters (y)

Your not using 818 Red Leather anymore in your mix?