1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

My biggest challenge (boudica)

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by megroot, Oct 27, 2018.

1. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    This is what I'm gonna do for the rest of the year.

IMG_1962.JPG
    The resin parts seems sharp and perfect in casting.
    It's now up to me. Gonna get the best out of it.

Marc
    Kevtk135, Tommi, oldtrousers and 19 others like this.
  2. misfit151 A Fixture

Looks fabulous Marc....enjoy the project...(y)....should have it done for Christmas..:nailbiting:..lol....all the best Mike
  3. balder PlanetFigure Supporter

Canada
    I’ll be watching with interest, Marc. I have one of these coming in the mail sometime soon hopefully.
    -Gerald
  4. Ben-nl A Fixture

Netherlands
    good luck Marc.
  5. DaddyO A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Ooooh that's a lot of resin there young man - look forward to seeing it appearing in the flesh

Paul
  6. Tubby-Nuts2 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    It certainly is a big old project. Good luck with it, and keep us informed as to your progress.

Mark.
  7. kagemusha A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Looking forward to seeing this progress Marc :)

Regards

Ron
  8. gforceman Well-Known Member

Belgium
    And next year too I guess! Are the busts you were painting at SMC already finished?

Cheers,

Gino
  9. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    The girl with the pearl earring is finished. Just the palette for the base isn't ready. Hope to finish here this weekend.
  10. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    and this is far as I got this afternoon. As I said before, very sharp casting with amazing details.
    Some cleanup, and in the pictures I see something I forget.

IMG_1963.JPG IMG_1964.JPG IMG_1965.JPG IMG_1966.JPG

Marc
  11. clrsgt A Fixture

United-States
    I have not received my kit yet, but I will be following your progress closely. Are you going to paint the chariot assembled or broken down into sub assemblies?
  12. MattMcK. PlanetFigure Supporter

Dying to get to mine. Watching this with interest!
  13. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    I'm going to paint assembled. I have always problems with fixing painted parts when the painted proces is done. Parts are sliding aways, falling off etc and damage the painted parts. I learned that parts where you can't paint, you can't see them. So, for me, assemble as much as I can, and then painting.

Marc
  14. Henk A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    That looks fantastic. So many textures to work with. Looking forward to you getting the brushes out.
  15. Oda A Fixture

I admire your courage!Tackling something this big and complicated takes some serious modelling guts.I will follow with the utmost interest.

Oda.
    Perseas likes this.
  16. Alex A Fixture

Canada
    Hi Marc
    I have received my kit as well last friday. May I ask you a few questions ?
    Do you have a thick mould line on the side of the floor of the charriot ? and on the back of the horses legs ? also, is the piece of cloth on the back of the driver very very thin ? and finally, are the wheels a little bit out of round when looking from the top ? I have only one buble and it is on the face of Boudica but it will be very easy to fix.
    thanks !
    alex
  17. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    All the mould line's where very thin. Scraped them away in a few minutes. And on the floor of the charriot was indeed a thicker mouldline. It has given me no problems. Gonna look at the wheels when I'm home and coming back to it.
    I have a very,very smal buble on the chin of the celt. Indeed easy to fix.
    Mine is almost ready for spraying. I have my doubt of making the reins new from leadfoil or thinning the one in the kit. I can also make the side of the reins thinner.

Marc
  18. Cannonball A Fixture

Great start Marc, you’ve certainly got your work cut out with this. Looking forward to seeing it progress. Enjoy.
  19. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Alex, the wheels are perfectly round.
    No mistakes on that. Only the innerside of the rims and the spokes had some mould lines.
    maybe you can help me out with a very small part that looks like a cowhorn.....i can't figger it out where it should be placed.

Marc
  20. Alex A Fixture

Canada
    Hi Marc
    I will have a close look tomorrow. I have the two small pieces as well. one is on the back of the belt of Boudica but the other one, I am not sure.
    cheers
    alex