1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

MV Killteams #04: Josua, Johannes and Roman

Discussion in 'Friends of planetFigure' started by MassiveVoodoo, Mar 15, 2021.

1. MassiveVoodoo New Member

United-States
    Hey Jungle,

inspired by the call of Volomir to raise a #Killteam2020 with 100 points some MV Team Members are following it. Josua, Johannes and Roman are fully into that Warhammer 40k vibe and do start their Kill Teams with 100 Points or more to create a playable force. Gaming boards are in the making. Here are their WIP logbooks, this is #01 ...

A really helpful and inspiring article to plan and execut a themend army is also the one of Johannes: http://massivevoodoo.blogspot.com/2020/06/tutorial-themed-armies-part-one.html

Johannes - Work in Progress
    Craftworlds - Asuryani Force

Sooo, the last few members of the 100p Kill Team turned out to become quite a challenge for me. Not only did get sidetracked by other projects and commissions, half way into painting them the models suffered from an "ink"-accident, which led me to starting all over again. So here is their current WiP-status:

[IMG]
    Gunner with Flamer

[IMG]
    Ranger

[IMG]
    Guardian with Shuriken Catapult

[IMG]
    Guardian with Starcannon

The finish line for the 100p is near:

[IMG]

As a bonus, I'm also adding some WiP impressions of a gaming board, I'm building. The idea is a world, destroyed during a conflict of Aeldari and the Imperial Guard. The conflict is long over and the remains of the gigantic warmachines are slowly disappearing in the red sand. As the Aeldari are returning after a long time, to recover the soulstones of the fallen soldiers, they discover that the planet is not as lifeless as expected. Some smugglers and criminals seem to have chosen this world as a hiding spot and have setup their camp amidst the ruins.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Josua - Work in Progress
    Space Wolves Tactical Strike Force

This weeks update is all in favour of my space wolve scout. My list had one in it and I knew this was an important milestone in my killteam. I was planing to build my own scout from the start on as I really dislike the current scout figures. As I know myself to well I tried to break the building down to not get distracted to much. I finally was able to finish this quite extencive build containing various games workshops bitz and some sculpting.

I always start the painting of my killteam in the same way, airbrushing blue greyish tones over a dark base where I masked certain areas with liquid maskol to creat scratches.

After airbrushing I put the basecolours down to get an idea how the final figure could look. All pretty desaturated and cold.

More contrast and saturation. Mainly concentrating on the head shoulder area to lead the focus to the interesting areas. More small details here and there.

Finally basing time and finishing touches. Decided to repaint the right shoulder to a red as I felt the scout would look more like he would be part of the unit with it.

Now only 2 figures left to do. I am probably going for another "regular marine" next t have the seargeant as the last figure to work on.
    Stay tuned!

Roman - Work in Progress
    Dark Angel Tactical Strike Force "Wing of Vengeance"
    Astra Militarum "Inquisitor Uriam Stelios and his Retuine"

Well, for the moment my gang is completed with 100 points. At least the Dark Angels ...really a proud moment, for me this feels like an army completed :D
    [IMG]

I am continuing to build new members for the Team to bring them up to twenty miniatures for campaigning tabletop ... here are the next ones in line:

Two Terminators ...

[IMG]

[IMG]

One new Reiver Sergeant ...

[IMG]

One Company Veteran for hammer time!
    [IMG]

And another company veteran for the hot stuff!
    [IMG]

Besides the Dark Angels I am really enjoying to create unique, grimdark models that fit to my Inquisitor retuine that I plan to play as a killteam of Astra Militarium ...

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    _______________________________________________________________________________
    You want to support Massive Voodoo?
    If you like to support or say thanks the monkeys of Massive Voodoo in what they do, please feel invited to drop a jungle donation in their direction via paypal or check their miniatures they got on sale here.
    _______________________________________________________________________________

Continue reading...