Musketeer - Michael Roberts Miniatures

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Guy, Jul 12, 2004.

1. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    This is one very well sculpted figure loaded with detail. I hope I do it justice. My flesh is done (dark Spanish complexion of course) and I will start with the trousers next. I am going to try a step Brandy Small used on her Roman bust. Base coat the trousers with dark brown and come back and do several dry-brushings of red. Hope it works as hers did.

[IMG]
  2. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Hey Guy,That's a nice fihure,it's going to paint up nicely.

keep up the good work.

Cheers
    Roc. :)
  3. Brad S Member

Guy

Looks like it will be another great one. I had not seen this figure yet. I have 2 Michael Roberts figures and both seem very nice. I have one almost finished and scupting was beautiful. Cant wait to see your Musketeer. I also like what I see in the background of that picture.

Brad Spelts
  4. Hardy Guest

looking good Guy :)
  5. Joe Hudson Active Member

United-States
    Hey Guy,

I am looking forward to seeing this one painted. Do you have any certain colors in mind?

Joe
  6. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks for the feedback guys........I appreciate them alot.

Joe.....I am going to try to do his pants in red. A little different technique than what I would normally do. I liked Brandy Small's Roman Centurian Bust and liked how she drybrushed red over dark brown. Will give it a try this afternoon after I return from having an MRI done.
    Here is the Musketeer with his trousers base coated in dark brown.

[IMG]
  7. yeo_64 Active Member

Singapore
    Looks real GOOD so far,Guy (y) (y) !! Keep up the great work,my friend ! BTW,how did the MRI go ? I hope all is well with you. Cheers.
    Kenneth :lol:
  8. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks Kenneth.......appreciate your feedback. The MRI is to be done later today. Routine MRI to check on back problems.
  9. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Here is where I am at with the Musketeer. I have dry-brushed the red and will touch up in areas that were hard to get the flat brush into.

[IMG]

All comments, good and bad, are greatly encouraged
  10. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    I am now working on the jacket and sleeves with the white shirt having a lite brown wash over an antique white base. Alot of work yet to be done

All comments are welcome and encouraged.

[IMG]

side
    [IMG]