1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Musketeer Finished

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Guy, Aug 13, 2004.

1. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    I finished the Michael Roberts 80mm Musketeer this afternoon and I will have to say it was one of the most enjoyable figures I have done in years. The only complaint about the kit was the plastic strip provided for the sword blade. I stopped doing the sbs on the Musketeer due to no feedback on the last 2 postings I made. We all learn from our peers and how their eyes may perceive what our eyes don't. I value the forum feedback and was surprised that none came forth.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Sorry the pictures are not of better quality.
  2. KeithP Active Member

United-States
    :eek:

Sorry that I missed your earlier wip posts. Usually, I catch most of everyones and I don't know how I missed them.

I like the red pants. Good colorful selection against the duller brown jacket and blouse.
    I like the lace. Would like to hear how you did that.
    Kinda hard to tell the metals on the jacket from the photo but what I can see looks good.

You composition of the colors on the figure is well thougt out and nicely composed.

The hair looks, well... wierd. This is the only aspect of the sculpt (not your rendittion) I am luke warm on. Looks rather pasta like if you know what I mean?

Are you slowing down, Guy? :lol: What's next after this and that great Lancer? :lol:

Keith
  3. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Guy,

Nice lookig piece, I love the reds. It is hard to make much out from the pics but the reds and the leather looks great!.
  4. jaime Member

Spain
    Guy. I like the figure, reds are very good.
    And I like the face too

Cheers
  5. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    I didn't like the pictures, so I decided to try again and use a different background.

Keith - The lace was done by first painting the lace a medium gray, then drybrushing over it with semi-dry white pigment.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

I think these pictures are better.......but still no cigar. My camera is not too good on close-ups and I played with the lighting some on these. I hope you can tell more from these.
  6. IronMike A Fixture

Guy,

Nice job on the Musketeer. Sorry you didn't like the sword blade but we chose the plastic over the metal as the thing was so thin that any pressure bent it and it was very hard to straighten. The other choice was to the thicken the blade but it didn't look right that way.

Mike
    MR Ltd.
  7. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Hey guy, you did a fantastic job, veru nice.

I pesonally liked your first set of pictures, the sky backround looked great.

Keep up the good work.

Cheers.

Roc. :)
  8. Jason W. Active Member

United-States
    Guy, from what I can make out, the leather looks good, but everything else is kinda blurry.

I like the "dirty" blonde hair you gave him. And, of course, your fleshtones are very unique.

It would be great to see your work in the flesh someday.
  9. Grizzly Member

Very nice paint job Guy!! i too didnt see or notice your previous posts,its the heat bud it plays games with my head LOL. :lol:
  10. Brad S Member

Guy

I really like this figure you did. I'm soory that I didn't catch your subsequent postings (sbs). Even though it is a little blurry, I like the colors for the flesh tones and the reds. If you are using a digital camera, is there a macro button? I know mine will let me focus within 1-1/2 inches from the figure. Either way, I always really like your how you paint your figures and the subject matter you choose.

Brad Spelts
  11. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Hey Guy,

I missed that SBS. I find that there are so little SBS on the planet. I know there is one i've missed it. I didn't not know why.

But i like your figure's. The pic's are not so good as usual. What is happen.

But what i see, is very good.

Marc.
  12. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Guy,

From what I can see it looks like one of your best ones. I like the different colors and the leather/brown look for the vest.

Joe
  13. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Guy , firstly , well done. I like this figure and you did a very good job of it. Pity the photos don't do it justice. BTW ,this is the first time I see this figure posted by you and surely I must have missed the other threads. I think the leather parts look excellent. They have that ' not so new ' look about them. Are you using digital or normal 35mm camera ?

Stephen Mallia
  14. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks for the comments guys, I have decided to invest in a more up to date camera as the one I have is old and not too good for close-ups. It is a digital Sony, 1.3 Mega Pixels and should be higher in Pixels for the work we do. I spent several hours last night litterly tearing the camera apart trying to discover every adjustment it had and what it did and after 3 floppy's worth of pics........decided to go on to another camera. Here was the best of the playing last nite.

Attached Files:

15. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Hey Guy, much better, that picture really shows the beautiful paint job.

Keep up the good work and keeep on painting.

What's next?

Cheers.

Roc, :)
  16. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks Roc..............I have the Mounted Mongol and several Mountain Men on the bench..............and a Lancer too (y)
  17. gforceman Well-Known Member

Belgium
    Hi Guy,

He's looking superb. It really deserves better pictures. Is this one sculpted by Alan Ball? It seems to have his "stamp" on it.

Keep up the great work,

Gino.

Maybe there wasn't much response to your previous posting due to the holidays? I find I'm getting less response then normal too. Or maybe just a dip in communication because everybody is hard at work sculpting and painting figures for the new "season"?
  18. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    Well Guy from what i can tell from the pics, that a nice fig and very nice painted. I like your colour choices a lot , and the look of face and leathers .
    As for the camera i think u really need to invest on new one that will have at least 4 MP of resolution and 5-7x digital focus. Then u can do your shooting these nice figures much better

Costas
  19. homellop Active Member

Spain
    Hi Guy.
    Nice paintjob.I specially like the leather jacket.
    What about the figure? I'm planning to paint this one(I love musketeers) and would like to know how good it is.
    Best regards
    jaume
  20. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks for the kind words of encouragement Jaume........the kit is a super kit with minimal clean-up and all parts fit well. You would enjoy painting this figure.

Gino - Yes, this is the figure sculpted by Alan BAll and cast by Michael Roberts Ltd