1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Musketeer, Earl of Manchester's Regt, ECW. Stormtroopers direct New Release

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by stormtrooper miniatures, Jul 6, 2015.

1. stormtrooper miniatures Well-Known Member

[IMG]Here is the original sculpt in progress that carl posted in January of this year. We also posted the piece in sculpting soon after .

I think it quite clearly shows carls brilliance in adding motion and atmosphere into a bust and I suppose there must be a lot of perfectly normal but deformed individuals that live near Mark S and Gaudin.

Many thanks for looking

Stuart
  2. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    That was defensive Stu. More evidence that folk can't express themselves in reaction to some companies' new releases without a negative backlash. This seems to me to be a common UK manufacturer issue/reaction (not all but clearly some). We don't see this when someone makes a comment that is less than "I love it" on other leading manufacturers like Nuts or Young. Too bad.
    jenghiz likes this.
  3. stormtrooper miniatures Well-Known Member

Colin

I don't see a problem with defending my product nor my companies reputation.

I don't look for just positives !!! I look to improve from comments but some comments are just,, well a bit daft.

I thought ,,,should I respnd,,, but then 2 cuddled together. I will always defend and express my opinion when I feel its necessary .

If other manufacturers don't wish to reply that's up to them its their product.

I don't mind negative comments at all ,,,,I learn from them,,,

Too bad as well colin
    crf likes this.
  4. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    My point is that your products don't need defending unless you felt you were being attacked. It was just a couple of blokes expressing a point of view. I love your stuff and would rather see you and other makers blow off or ignore comments you disagree with. And here I am jumping into someone else's argument, which is exactly what I have criticized others for in the past. So I shall shut up. Cheers.
  5. Kevin D. Well-Known Member

United-States
    Wayne, go to puttyandpaint.com for several angles of this piece.

Kevin
  6. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    WTF is going on here,yet AGAIN we are having to put up with stupid coments about pieces being deformed and sculptors being shot at,we have already lost the likes of Carl Reid and Graham Scollick on this site,do we really have have to go through all this again,its quite obvious to me that the reply of mark S was going to get peoples backs up,if you feel that strongly about the pose then why not contact the people privately to discuss the issues.
  7. Gaudin A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Stuart, let me just quickly double check - where did I say anything critical about your product?

Your request feels more of "explain yourself" rather than request for an opinion, so I thought I'd better be sure and check.
  8. Wayneb A Fixture

United-States
    If anyone has ever heard the term "exaggerated realism" would understand what Carl was trying to covey in this piece.This piece has so much personality "because" of the way it is positioned and "not" because it is deformed because of the back.Look at yourself in the mirror and in that pose;musket balls flying with someone maybe right behind and you would find yourself ready to duck too.Great piece.........Look at it again and you will find it's much more than some of the motionless pieces we see out there now...........Wayne
    arj and smudger1960 like this.
  9. mortier A Fixture

Germany
    i can´t understand all the discussions about wrong buttons,angry faces,small hats and so on.
    Either i like a figure or not,and i think this bust is great and full of life
  10. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi guys,

I really like this , people were not perfect specimens , Carl's sculpt has a lot of character and a hell of a lot of skill.

Great release and great box art .

Nap

PS Stu I sent a PM to you a while back can you check please
  11. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    To my eye he's not "deformed" at all. It looks to me as though Carl has portrayed him in a slightly hunched position (which is not the same thing as being a hunchback!) and leaning forward with his neck as he turns his head in the heat of battle. Try it in front of the mirror and you may see what I mean.

My personal opinion is that it's a great piece, and I'll be in the market for one.

More views in this thread, which may shed a bit more light:

http://www.planetfigure.com/threads/musketeer-earl-of-manchesters-regt-ecw.72232/

- Steve
    smudger1960 likes this.
  12. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Stunning work from Carl and Ernesto.

marc
    smudger1960 likes this.
  13. Graham A Fixture

England
    I love this figure and think it is a shame it's announcement has turned a tad sour.
    mortier, smudger1960 and Babelfish like this.
  14. Mark S Guest

Now that is clever Brian.........well done.
    smudger1960 likes this.
  15. Martin64 A Fixture

Germany
    Instead of getting our backs up we should maybe get our chins up - something that the poor musketeer probably can`t do with ease. So enjoy that we are able to do it and everybody lighten up a bit.:)
    Cheers, Martin
    Gaudin likes this.
  16. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    You know damn well that the sculptor never planned any deformity,if you want to carry on the argument you can PM me
  17. stormtrooper miniatures Well-Known Member

I was wondering when you would show up martin...many thanks for your input.
    smudger1960 likes this.
  18. stormtrooper miniatures Well-Known Member

Your request feels more of "explain yourself" rather than request for an opinion, so I thought I'd better be sure and check.[/quote]

You are a clever man gaudin..so you work it out.
    smudger1960 likes this.
  19. stormtrooper miniatures Well-Known Member

Again many thanks for taking the time to comment much appreciated

Stuart
  20. Gaudin A Fixture

United-Kingdom