1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Musketeer, Earl of Manchester's Regt, ECW. Stormtroopers direct New Release

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by stormtrooper miniatures, Jul 6, 2015.

1. stormtrooper miniatures Well-Known Member

Hi

Our latest release and long overdue !!

SDB904 Musketeer, Earl of Manchester's Regt, ECW

Sculpted by Carl Reid

Painted by Ernesto Reyes who I am sure will show you more of his handywork !!!!

Scale 1/9th Resin with lead wire.

Available from the website www.stormtrooperminiatures.co.uk

Many thanks for looking

Stuart

Attached Files:

2. Tubby-Nuts2 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    :D! Lovely, just simply lovely. (y)

Mark
  3. baronband Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    A great looking piece Stuart

John
  4. ellie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
  5. Uruk-Hai PlanetFigure Supporter

Sweden
    Im seeing the potential for a Swedish Musketeer in the 30 years war.

Cheers
    Janne Nilsson
    MalcC likes this.
  6. clrsgt A Fixture

United-States
    One nasty looking bugger!! I like him.
  7. Zastrow.cuirassier PlanetFigure Supporter

France
    Great bust, will be not only used for CW, but quite all wars of this era.
    I really like the "made in UK", ....2017 is not so far !? ;):whistle:
    garyhiggins likes this.
  8. mortier A Fixture

Germany
    Very expressive sculpt and paintwork
  9. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    My favourite painter ind inspiration,great release Stu
  10. Nap Moderator

England
    Well done Stu ,

Great release and subject lots of potential as well as wonderful box art

Thanks for sharing

Nap
  11. Kevin D. Well-Known Member

United-States
    EXCELLENT!

I have, literally, tuned into PF daily since June 1st waiting to see this one come available!

Will be ordering post haste!

Very nice!

Kevin D.
  12. storm_zh Well-Known Member

China
    Very nice sculpt and painting! Congrats on this new release.
  13. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    A cracking piece. I think you'll be onto a winner with this one Stu.

- Steve
  14. Mark S Guest

I'm really happy to see an ECW piece...there's simply not enough ECW pieces around for me....when you compare the number of bloody crusaders inhabiting the Earth.
    I'm assuming that Carl has deliberately portrayed a figure suffering from a severe spinal malformation which is refreshing to see.
    History shows us that people were not as fortunate as most of us today and many people suffered from these awful skeletal malformations and had to live and fight on regardless.
    It's very refreshing to see and certainly adds a further dimension of realism to have this kind of disease portrayed in our figures.
    Gaudin likes this.
  15. Gaudin A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I reckon being a hunchback could be quite advantageous for using an early musket as it would align the eye-musket-target line.

I like how busts are beginning moving away from glamour and Aryan faces and start showing people who are not beautiful, but real - gritty, experienced, beaten by life (y)
  16. stormtrooper miniatures Well-Known Member

@ Mark S and Gaudin,,,could you please quantify why you feel this bust is deformed/"hunchback" as I don't understand your reasoning , esp @Gaudin ,,,being medically trained and a commercial sculptor .

To everybody else,,,thank you for taking the time to comment and for all the likes recieved . To everybody that's ordered your kits are on their way.

Stuart
  17. Kevin D. Well-Known Member

United-States
    Good, the wife was asking me this morning why I had a tent set up over at the mail box. :confused:
    peedee likes this.
  18. Mark S Guest

Well, I'm certainly not qualified or medically trained at all ,but it appears quite obvious that the intention is to depict a person suffering grotesque malformation.
    Are you suggesting that this wasn't the intention?......I'd be very surprised if it wasn't.
    How else would you explain the scoliosis back and the fact the head is so low off the shoulders.....no I'm sure this was an intended depiction of a sufferer of this condition.........why else would it look that way?
    And I think it's been done very well and with much sympathy.....as I said before there should indeed be more historical figures showing the signs of historical ailments and disfiguring, it can only add to the realism of historical figures and for me personally I'm glad it's an ECW piece.............cheers.
  19. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    I'd have to agree that his shoulders look a litle rounded....like he is flinching from a near miss. Nothing wrong with that as it adds character. Carl is a good enough sculptor that he would not have depicted the subject this way without intent. I am not an ECW fan but it's a bust I would like to paint.
  20. Wayneb A Fixture

United-States
    Been waiting for this bust also.....Well done............Would like to see a couple more views if possible......Wayne(y)