1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Murat Grand Duke of Berg

Discussion in 'Completed Figures' started by Milky Bar Kid, Jun 21, 2020.

1. Milky Bar Kid Active Member

Hello everyone,

I haven’t posted anything for a while and like most internees I have been fairly prolific lately so I’ll probably post a few more over the next couple of days. This piece is Murat depicted as Grand Duke of Berg in his white and gold uniform. It’s a conversion of mostly metal models and Historex items with additional embellishments. Thanks for looking

Terry E6380466-BCF1-4CE8-8BC2-C34AD6E314F9.jpeg F4A67DB4-7AC8-4BB4-B819-6377BB4C8477.jpeg 8DD1F6D7-D3FA-4CEF-B794-7713A82770CE.jpeg B0A1E770-0735-47C4-A150-FF4378580681.jpeg AEF814A0-424A-449C-83BE-7968CB3B4986.jpeg
    gazer, KenBoyle, Borek and 14 others like this.
  2. Banjer A Fixture

England
    Beautifully done.

Bill
  3. MoboSchreuder A Fixture

Wonderful paintwork

Mobo
  4. Redcap A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Absolutely fabulous Terry....btw mate, where did you get the decals from for the uniform and the saddle cloth.............?

Gary
  5. Milky Bar Kid Active Member

Thanks guys, Hi Gary as you well know I am sworn to secrecy under pain of death to reveal the source of my decals

Terry
  6. Edorta A Fixture

Spain
  7. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Very nice painting, superb lace details on the jacket and trousers.
    grenadier likes this.
  8. grenadier Member

United-Kingdom
    It’s outstanding, Milky bar.
    I like the dappling on the horses coat- you obviously understand that Murat was a connoisseur of fine horses.
    Murat was one of the most charismatic soldiers in history and your figure does him justice.
  9. Tom W. Well-Known Member

Germany
    The looking of the horse to the spectator is the icing of the cake!(y)
  10. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Terry

Great to see you posting here and a lovely piece it is , really do like the way the saddlecloth has been done as well as tge cords around edges on it and the pistol covers

Nice detail painting on the uniform as well

Thanks for sharing

Why not enter our FOTM comp as well as voting by liking entries in the previous month

Happy benchtime

Nap
  11. Blind Pew A Fixture

United-Kingdom
  12. Tonton Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Can’t get much more crisp and clean painting than that. Terrific.

Jeff
  13. khollar A Fixture

United-States
    Wow! Marvelous work on this, Terry!

Kurt
  14. Borek A Fixture

Czech-Republic
    Really amazing work!

Cheers Borek
  15. Milky Bar Kid Active Member

Thank you to all for your very generous comments, it gives me inspiration to continue striving to improve.
    Terry
    KenBoyle likes this.
  16. KenBoyle PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Very impressive Terry! Your detail work is fantastic. (y):)

Cheers,
    Ken
  17. Redcap A Fixture

United-Kingdom

...and for many of us to think why do we bother and think about taking up remote controlled planes or something! Terry, this would be a Gold in any show mate and your work always inspires. You know I am a big fan of your work and unique style and I hope you are keeping well and look forward to catching up with you again in the not too distant future.

Cheers Terry!
    Gary
    KenBoyle likes this.
  18. alecs00 Member

Love this, excellent work