1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Murat at Aboukir - 1799 (3)

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Dani A., May 14, 2004.

1. Dani A. New Member

Hello,

Let's take it where we left...

[IMG]

To recap, I had the Hungarian style leopardskink schabraque ready to begin remodelling. Here is a typical model, from a Rigo's plate, similar to that shown in pt. 2:

[IMG]
  2. Dani A. New Member

As you can easily see, Verlinden's saddle is very deficient as to shape, volume and "orography" of pleats and folds, not to mention detail.

So, I had to re-model about 2/3 of the surface, specially the forward part. I roughly reduced and drafted the forms with an electrical tool, and then I rebuilt the offending areas with two-part putty. It is important to think in advance of how will the surface be affected by the various straps that run over it. Some lenghts of the surrounding festoon were rebuilt too.

Once this is done, all this strappings need to be added, as are other elements like the reinforcing patches and the cantle.

[IMG]

[IMG]
  3. yeo_64 Active Member

Singapore
    Looking GOOD,Daniel,looking GOOD (y) (y) ! Cheers.
    Kenneth ;)
  4. Patrick Kirk New Member

Amazing Dani...simply amazing...can't wait to see more.
    All the best

Patrick
  5. Dani A. New Member

The original model included just two of these straps, the one around the pommel and the cinch - and both were too narrow and misplaced. Essentially the work is finished, except for some final detailing, like straps' holes. The cantle needs some reshaping too.

Although part of this will later be hidden by the rider's legs, I prefer to model it all, because it is difficult to foresee what , exactly, will be visible with the rider in place. The only area I slightly simplified, on purpose, is the union between the surcingle and the strap wich surrounds the saddle ends, as you may note comparing with the drawings.

[IMG]

[IMG]

I have provisionally placed the panther's head; this, toghether with the tail, is an element that can be present or not - a certain amount of variation was evident in these accoutrements, and I have not fully settled on this. The kit part is very basic and would need work, of course.

Now I have to finish some small details, and on to the next stage: re-texturizing the schabraque's surface, which is completely smooth in the model, and so unconvincing as an animal's skin. I will tackle it soon.

Questions? Comments? Critiques?

Cheers,

Dani
  6. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Dani!

Excellent work! You really have an eye for details, looking forward to see it progress!