1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Multiple new animal species in many scales and an appearance on Dutch television

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by miniNature, Jan 8, 2022.

1. miniNature Active Member

Netherlands
    Hi all,

It’s been nearly a year, but finally had the time to upload some new stuff.:D My day time job is creating television shows and this gave me the chance to create a show around the miniature hobby. Dutch forum members will maybe know it; ‘Klein maar Fijn’ on SBS6. You can translate the title as ‘Pretty Small’. Internationally you can compare it best with the tv show Bake Off, but this time with miniature builders compete in a whole range of miniature challenges instead of baking cakes. I loved to give my own addition to the show, so I created a whole range of new models for an assignment of the 4 contestants in the semi-finals.
    The challenge: create a realistic nature diorama in scale 1:35 containing water, fitting to the animal you choose. The contestants had to pick between the Nile Crocodile (savanna), Grizzly Bear (coniferous forest), Jaguar (rainforest) or Polar Bear (arctic). They received a collection of my 3D printed figurines they had to paint themselves.

Not all animals I’ve created for these 4 dioramas are online and available yet, but here is a selection of animals that are already available on my page: https://www.shapeways.com/shops/mininature
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

[IMG]
    This last collection of salmon is not yet online in every scale (now just 1:32, 1:35 and 1:20), but they will come in multiple scales too. Love to be a bit of a perfectionist, so for the Grizzly scene I wanted to create an accurate impression of the famous salmon run, so I created 50 unique models of the 5 species of salmon that all appear mixed in those rivers, so this set is a mix between the Chinook, Chum, Coho, Pink and Sockeye salmon.

And for everyone who’s interested in the creations of the 4 contestants in Klein maar Fijn, but can’t watch the episode, here are their dioramas, created in 5 days of work. Maybe you can spot some more animals that will come soon. ;)

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

[IMG]
    [IMG]

[IMG]
    [IMG]

[IMG]
    [IMG]

Hope you’ll like these new additions and dioramas. And this year I’ll be back more often with new animals.:D
  2. MCPWilk A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Superb nature dioramas reminiscent of Attenborough!

Mike
    miniNature likes this.
  3. balder PlanetFigure Supporter

Canada
    I love your work and have ordered several of your creations. Keep up the fine work!
    -Gerald
    miniNature likes this.
  4. franck edet A Fixture

Canada
    Fantastic ! if only the Canadian TV had a show like that ...
    miniNature likes this.
  5. dmcHobbes Active Member

United-States
    Love your creations. I have used some in displays and dioramas. The Nile Crocodile being the latest (although I cheated by using it as an American Alligator). Contestants all did well. Keep up the great work.

Doug
    miniNature likes this.
  6. DaddyO A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Inspiring sculpts - I an see why the dioramas are wonderful (Love the Savanna one)(y)

Great idea for a show - is it available anywhere to stream?

Paul
    miniNature likes this.
  7. miniNature Active Member

Netherlands
    Thank you guys!:D

Maybe that's possible in the future. The show is already sold to Germany, so this year the German members could see the show on RTL under the name: Superklein – Die Miniatur Meisterschaft. You can send your favorite broadcaster a mail that they have to look to the format Pretty Small in the ITV catalog. :p;)

Yes, I'm very impressed by all the works, but the savanna was my favorite of this 4 too.

It's available to stream here:
    https://www.kijk.nl/programmas/klein-maar-fijn/a13PegWYKwE
    But when you don't use a VPN, I think it won't work due to geoblock. If someone is still interested in the making offs of these dioramas, you can send me a private message and I can send you a transfer of the MP4 of the episode.