1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Critique Mujahadeen, Afghanistan 1989

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by kiwi45, Mar 25, 2011.

1. kiwi45 Active Member

New_Zealand
    Hi guy's, here is my next work. It is AC models Mujahadeen which I have modified by the addition of a RPG launcher and a AK47. I have also resculpted the eyes and tunic where the weapons slings sit. also added more hair over left ear and left side tunic resculpted also to balance work on right side. Finally the hair on top of head re sculpted. This early kit by Andy has always been a favourite of mine and I was lucky that my wife bought it for xmas for me. included is a pic of the box art for a comparison, and finally undercoated ready to paint. comments most welcome. Les

Attached Files:

2. Steve Well-Known Member

United-States
    Les, brilliant job adding the weapons. A soldier without weapons--like a cavalryman without a mount--is just some dude hanging out. Great!
  3. kiwi45 Active Member

New_Zealand
    Thanks Steve,for your feedback. yes I thought that the figure lacked something, and hopefully the weapons etc added to it. I know my friend Andy who sculpted this piece thought it a good idea. Les
  4. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    I like where this one is going, the addition of the weapons tends to add more dynamics around the face area, drawing your eye to it. Love to see this one when its painted.
    Ben
  5. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    Agreed — Looking great :)
  6. Ferris A Fixture

Looks much improved with the subtle changes and the weapons you added!

Cheers,
    Adrian
  7. kiwi45 Active Member

New_Zealand
    Ben, Gordy and Adrian, many thanks for your comments, I'm looking forward to painting this one. cheers Les
  8. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    The RPG are great addition.
    I will follow this work.
  9. kiwi45 Active Member

New_Zealand
    Many thanks Pedro, showed this to Andy (AC Models) this afternoon and he was very positive about the changes and thought he should have added the weapon(s) to begin with. Les
  10. sam b Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    I like what you have done with him n look forward to seeing him finished
    sam
  11. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    That's a different start for a figure.
    Gonna follow this with great interest.

Marc
  12. kiwi45 Active Member

New_Zealand
    Sam, Marc thanks for the feedback, goin to start painting this week hopefully, will post more WIP in due coarse. Les
  13. rheath Active Member

South-Africa
    Great work here my friend, like the additions.
  14. kiwi45 Active Member

New_Zealand
    Many thanks Rob, glad you like him. Les
  15. Mike - The Kiwi A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Neat conversion items Les, will track this thread & see how you end up with on him. Hopefully will get chance to see him in the flesh, neat to see you getting stuck into busts too mate :)

By the way I'm working on one of Andy's piece's too. Long overdue but made a little progress & enjoying the project, even though it's way out of my normal timescale.

Take care & stay safe from those after shocks.

Mike
  16. kiwi45 Active Member

New_Zealand
    Hi Mike, nice to hear from you. at this stage should be in Wellington for Nats' so hope to have this done and have a catch up. cheers Les