1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Mr. Surfacer 1000 (bottle)

Discussion in 'Just starting...' started by Showlen, Sep 10, 2011.

1. Showlen Active Member

United-States
    Hello,

I received my bottle of Gunze/Mr. Hobby grey Mr. Surfacer 1000. I will be using an airbrush and I'm trying to determine what would be best to use for thinning.

I do have some "Testors" enamel thinner as well as white/mineral spirit. Can either of these be used? Or, what would be recommended.

Thank you, as always, for the help and input!

Ronnie W.
  2. redhorse Active Member

United-States
    If I remember right, lacquer thinner works best with Mr. Surfacer. I haven't used it for years though, so I may be misremembering...
  3. davsam28 New Member

United-States
    I definitely know it is Mr thinner but you can sub with generic lacquer thinner
    Hth, Dave

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
  4. Piotrec Active Member

United-States
    Definately would suggest a Mr. Color Leveling Thinner. It will improve the flow and the primer will not dry so fast on your needle. Basically it a laquer thinner with some amount of retarder.
  5. Showlen Active Member

United-States
    Thank you very much for the info... much appreciated! I'm going to search for the Mr. Color thinner - Gunze/Mr. Hobby productions, for some reason, are hard to come by.

Thanks, again.

Ronnie W.
  6. davsam28 New Member

United-States
    Thank you Piotr for explaining the leveling thinner! I was wondering what the difference was

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk