1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Mr. Katsumoto

Discussion in 'Completed Figures' started by harrytheheid, Aug 24, 2019.

1. harrytheheid A Fixture

United-Kingdom
  2. blaster A Fixture

United-States
    Wow! What an exciting diorama. Ninjas and Samurais fighting among gushing water. Tell us the context please.
    harrytheheid likes this.
  3. harrytheheid A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    It's an enthralling prelude to the exciting tale of "The Theft of the Legendary Golden Statue of Guzzi from the Shrine of Everlasting Fame", which was located on the outskirts of a small fishing village called Mazda within the Toyota prefecture. The story goes that it was commissioned from the renowned Tuscan sculptor and artist, Signor Leonardo dePegaso, but was stolen by a band of nefarious scoundrels and necromancers who were bonded by certain tainted vows and dark satanic rites.
    Folklore has it that a "Fellowship of Six" was formed to retrieve the sacred statue, consisting of the Lord Yamaha, his Captains; Suzuki, Honda and Kawasaki, plus the famous Kyoto Valley Girl, the onna-Bugeisha Lady Kittan-sama along with a somewhat mysterious fellow called Hairi-san.
    In the words of the garrulous Lady Kittan herself....

"To my intense disappointment, he totally wasn't the Latin Blade I'd heard so much about. Rather, he resembled a sort of ginger monkey, and, like, was wearing the most unfashionable multi-colored kimono I’d ever seen – I was later informed it’s totally not silk, but woven from something called wool.”

“He had the 6-inch thick ridge of bone on his forehead, like, painted blue; a strangely fashioned katana slung in a baldric over one shoulder; a crystal flask containing some kind of saki brandished in one hand and what looked like an upside-down seagull tucked under the other arm – which was emitting the most disharmonious uproar of squeaks, squeals and droning wails."

"Despite his barbaric accent, we established that he was some kind of savage aboriginal from the mountainous northern region of an invariably mist-shrouded semi-mythical island out in the Western Sea which is beyond all knowledge of civilized cartographers – where they say it’s totally always raining. The Jesuit priest’s claim that the women of this utterly miserable hell-hole are renowned for their haunting beauty, their freckles – whatever they are, and flaming red hair. But, like, have bad teeth and practice under-arm hygiene infrequently. It’s also whispered that even Ladies of the Noble Class are quite outrageously profane – and, and, that they’re habitually unchaste…(probably).”

The film, directed and produced by Chris Nolan, was shot down some back-street in Glasgow and is presently in pre-production.
    Here's a few of the movie screenshots I managed to get my hands on from the knock-off DVD shop around the corner.
    1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG
    blaster, Dolf and KuK_Grenadier like this.
  4. harrytheheid A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Here's Hairi-san about to pounce and get the Golden Statue back from the sticky-fingered thieves, and their pet wyrm who lives in a giant bowl of chop suey.
    Better watch out for those enormous undead vampire bats though.
    6.JPG
    blaster, Dolf and theBaron like this.
  5. theBaron A Fixture

United-States
    Another excellent diorama, Harry, but what really catches my eye is the cherry trees! Those look great! Did you make those, or source them?

Prost!
    Brad
    harrytheheid likes this.
  6. harrytheheid A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    The cherry trees in the first diorama were sourced. Those in the second diorama were home-made.
    These are the furthest back WIP photos I can find.
    The loose cherry blossom leaves came in a bag from Scenic Express and the wire armatures were "painted" with big gobs of clear paper glue.
    Then the leaves were sprinkled on from top. bottom and the sides, with a plastic tray to catch the over-spill.
    I made three, but only used two of them in the final diorama.
    That bag of leaves goes a long way. I've still got more than half of them left over.
    1. Dio_16-Jun-16.jpg

2. Dio_18-Jun-16.JPG
    theBaron and Dolf like this.
  7. Dolf Well-Known Member

Portugal
    Wow! Beautiful dioramas, and wonderfully colored! Very, very nice indeed! (y)

Cheers!

Dolf
    harrytheheid likes this.
  8. theBaron A Fixture

United-States
    Ah, so desu! I've used a similar technique, using used tea leaves and evergreen roots. Thanks for explaining, Harry! Yes, those look really nice. I think your homemade are as good or better than commercial.

Prost!
    Brad
    harrytheheid likes this.
  9. harrytheheid A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Yeah, they worked out quite well. It's an easy enough technique that I'd use again.
  10. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Wow, exciting tales and work.
    Cheers
    John
    harrytheheid likes this.
  11. harrytheheid A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Thanks John.
    :)