1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

MR 100 mm Naval Bridage Officer, started...

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by KeithP, Aug 14, 2004.

1. KeithP Active Member

United-States
    This is a nice simple figure from Michael Roberts. Well sculpted (Thx, Mike!)

Flesh is more or less done. Not overly thrilled with how the hair turned out as I was going for more blonde...

Comments, ideas, critiques for improvements Always welcome! :)

Attached Files:

2. KeithP Active Member

United-States
    Number 2 0f 2. Thanks! :)

Attached Files:

3. amherbert Member

Looks nice Keith.

The flesh color is very good. Are you using oils?

Could you share your flesh mix?

I'm trying oils again on a new figure, and I've made him much too pale. I was hoping for a more ruddy complexion, which you appear to have achieved quite well!

Cheers
    Andy
  4. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Keith,

Great start! The face looks really good.

If the hair was a little shorter and the mustache smaller it almost would look like Doug Cohen!
  5. KeithP Active Member

United-States
    Mark- Thanks very much for your comments. I appreciate it! ;)

Andy - Thanks for your comments. This is oils. The key is LESS white and and/or add to Jaunned Brilliant or naples yellow or cad yellow. I have been reworking my oil mixes for the flesh. I have read alot of great ideas here from Roc, Patrick, and Lou M who have given me some ways to help with the oil flesh. I really appreciate their work and help!

Acrylic base: Liquitex Deep Portrait Pink

Flesh Base: Burnt sienna added to WN Flesh to med brown, added a bit of tit white and gold ochre to bring to a warm flesh. Added a touch of WN Blue (red tint) to cool off the burnt sienna. Helps reduce the pumpkin look from the burnt sienna.

1st shade wet on wet - Burnt Sienna
    2nd shade wet on dry - Brown Madder Alaz
    Deepest shade - sepia

Ist high wet on wet - Jaune Brilliant + touch of tit white + touch of base
    2nd hight dry on wet - add more tit white and less Jaune Brilliant.

Blush - Wet on Wet Indian red + touch of cad red deep + touch of base.
    Touched up under nose and ears wet on dry later.

Keith
  6. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Hey Keith, the flesh colors look great, you did a good job.Looking forward to your next step.

Keep up the good work

Cheers.

Roc. :)
  7. RobH Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Looks Great Keith

Is it me, or does he bear an uncanny resemblence to Lord Melchett from Blackadder Goes Forth? :lol:
  8. KeithP Active Member

United-States
    Anders and Rob - :lol: I thought he looked like Lord Kitchener. Maybe Mike S. can tell us? :lol: Anyway... thanks for the nice comments.

Roc - Thanks to you, too! But shouldn't you be working on tiling the floor so you can get back to that great looking Roman for us? :lol:

Keith
  9. jaime Member

Spain
    I think you did a very good work. Flesh colors are natural and eyes are very good paited.

I'm looking forward next step

Hasta luego

Jaime
  10. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks for the flesh formula.........I want to play with mine some to lighten up the complexion
  11. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Hey Keith......Love your flesh.............as far as blonde hair, I would leave it as it is......looks great
  12. thegoodsgt Active Member

United-States
    Keith, nice work so far. I really like the old Michael Roberts line of British figures. I'll have to snatch them up when I can find them!
  13. KeithP Active Member

United-States
    Jaime - Thanks. I am glad you like the painting so far!

Guy - Thanks fr the encouragement. I'll likely leave the hair as is and move on to the tunic.

Steven - Yeah. I agree with you on this MR series. I had a hard time only picking one out at the time! MTSC has them in stock last time I checked.

Keith
  14. y_wong New Member

Dear Keith,

Always enjoy a good paint job. You did a very good job on the face. Looking forward to more.

regards :)
  15. KeithP Active Member

United-States
    Sharpie - I have been looking at the blue on this quite alot. I have been trying out various combo's. The best so far has been Andrea Pruss Blue+Andr Flt black as the acrylic base. The Andrea Pruss blue dries flatter than the Vallejo.
    The best oil combo I have found is: Indigo as base. Looks nice and dark. Almost black over the acryl base. Add Mars black for shade and Naples yellow for highs. Bob Knees combo sounded a bit too challenging for me :lol: :lol:

I'll certainly post as I go along...

Wong - Thanks very much for your comments. I appreciate the input.

Keith
  16. amherbert Member

Thanks Keith

Pumpkin look is what I'm fighting right now!!

Cheers
    Andy