1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

MP 82nd AB - Manhay 1944

Discussion in 'Completed Figures' started by BULL, Aug 30, 2021.

1. BULL A Fixture

Hello everyone, I wanted to introduce you to this figure, which I painted as a boxart for The Bodi, but which I finally managed to complete with a specially designed setting.
    Represents an MP of the 82nd Airborne Division during the dramatic confrontations that occurred at the Battle of the Bulge.
    I imagined our soldier at a crossroads intent on directing the chaotic traffic, which heats up from the freezing temperatures of the Ardennes with a stove recovered in some destroyed house; not having much to burn, he decided to exploit the wood of the boxes of the K rations.

MP_1.jpg

MP_2.jpg

MP_3.jpg

MP_4.jpg

MP_5.jpg
  2. Edorta A Fixture

Spain
  3. MoboSchreuder A Fixture

Great work and paintwork
  4. Joe55 A Fixture

United-States
    I'm going to sound like a broken record, but you sure have the knack for placing your figures in an appropriate setting.

Beautiful work Enrico(y)!

Joe
  5. Djoubri M Well-Known Member

France
    Very very well done !
  6. Chris Oldfield A Fixture

England
    Fantastic work, Enrico. The backdrop for the figure is excellent, & I like the shading on the greatcoat.
  7. BULL A Fixture

thank you very much for the nice words. I really like looking for suitable settings for the figures, even if the greatest difficulty is to condense everything into a small space.
  8. BULL A Fixture

the merit is also of a beautiful base sculpture, which greatly facilitates the painting
    Chris Oldfield likes this.
  9. Nap Moderator

England

Just going to agree !

The painting is just great

Why not enter a piece into the class of your choice in our AUGUST's FOTM comp and also vote in JULY classes as well

....And enter in Vignettes & Diorama #3 running till 31/01/22 ...msg me if needed

Always good to see the artwork

Thanks for sharing

Look forward to the next

Happy benchtime

Nap
  10. Chazman Active Member

United-States
    Excellent! Love your work!
  11. BULL A Fixture

thank you very much, I like to think that I can tell a story with my figures and make them feel the atmosphere in which they lived
  12. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Excellent concept, beautifully done.(y)
  13. Giwe Well-Known Member

Germany
    Beautiful work
  14. Hiraminamoto Member

Japan
    1/35 scale?
    Really impressive

Hira
    Nap likes this.
  15. BULL A Fixture

yes, I confirm that it is a figure in 1/35.
    The details are very fine and beautiful, not to mention the folds of the garments that give the very idea of ​​the fabric in which the uniform is made.