1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Movie Heros

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Alex Lopez, May 3, 2005.

1. Alex Lopez Active Member

Mexico
    This is a conversion from my original figure Achilles 54mm, I initiate the modeled one of this figure before seeing the movie, and I have selected a simple pose, but then, when I saw the scene in where achilles kills Boagrius, I thinked "that was the pose"... too much late, my figure almost was finished.
    This is the fisth version...

Attached Files:

2. Alex Lopez Active Member

Mexico
    ...and this is the new pose with the original modeled one...

Attached Files:

3. Alex Lopez Active Member

Mexico
    ...finally, the pose and de firsth step of the other warrior.

Im working...

Alex

Attached Files:

4. herbwf Member

United-States
    Alex, Thank you for posting. It is interesting to see how the arm and leg were disarticulated,It will be interesting to see how they are blended back into the fighre. Nice work
    Herb
  5. Alex Lopez Active Member

Mexico
    Thanks you for reply Herb, I will show you the final conversion soon...

Alex.
  6. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Beautiful sculpting, Alex - as usual! The second pose is much more interesting, you're right!

What putty are you using? Is it a combination of Kneadatite and Magicsculpt?

Hey - when will Steve McQueen appear?? I hope you haven't abandoned that idea? I thought it was great!!

I'm posting Khudadad Khan on my vBench and would value your opinion.

all the best,

Dan
  7. Hyades New Member

Awesome, Alex! Thanks for posting - it's looking great so far! As Herb said, it will be very interesting to see how you put the disarticulated pieces back together. The new pose is an improvement over the last - previous one was just too static. I'm looking forward to seeing Boagrius come to life, as well! Keep posting!!!

Regards,
    Nancy
  8. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    This is gonna be a great hit Alex.
    Great,

I like it very much, and as you mentioned, it is more attractif than the static Achilles.
    Looking forward to see the both figures come together.

Marc
  9. Alex Lopez Active Member

Mexico
    Hello Dan, the putty I used on this Achilles is mexican production, very hard, and the time for use it is very short, now Im probe it anoter putty the other warrior like.

I`m working on Mcqueen too (well I`m working on too many proyects at same time :( )

This is the first step of Mcqueen sailor, and he is a "Movie Hero " too...

Attached Files:

10. Alex Lopez Active Member

Mexico
    ..Back view...

Attached Files:

11. Alex Lopez Active Member

Mexico
    ...And last for the moment...

Alex.

Attached Files:

12. Alex Lopez Active Member

Mexico
    Thanks Nancy, I hope you keep seeing this sbs.

Alex.
  13. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Looking great Alex.........the figure does look like Steve McQueen. Excellent!!!
  14. Alex Lopez Active Member

Mexico
    Thanks Mark my friend I`m hope give you a surprise with Steve Ray soon, I`m working on it...

Alex.
  15. Alex Lopez Active Member

Mexico
    Thanks Guy! This Steve Mcqueen is from the movie "Sand Peebles" and 54mm. I`m going to continue several Movie proyects in this topic...
    Regards,

Alex.
  16. Stephan PlanetFigure Supporter

Germany
    Indeed thats steve Mqueen
  17. Alex Lopez Active Member

Mexico
    Hello Stephan, here is a more advance....

Attached Files:

18. nagashino New Member

Hi Alex

I have to agree this is Steve McQueen, in fact it's a better likeness IMHO than the Andrea "Great Escape" version.

I remember the movie it's from but forget the title. I do recall it was based in China and he had a Browning Auto Rifle in the big shoot-out at the end. Memory's fading my friend :lol:

Looking forward to this one developing!

Regards

Phil
  19. Alex Lopez Active Member

Mexico
    Hello Phil, yes it is a Great movie, one of my favourites from Steve McQueen, the movie name is "Sand Peebles".

Regards,

Alex.
  20. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Actually it's 'Pebbles', Alex, not Peebles, but close enough! "Sand Pebbles"

Your English is still a helluva lot better than my Spanish! Could we have a really good clear close-up of that face?

all the best,
    Dan