1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Review Mounted Samurai VS Mounted Samuari

Discussion in 'Reviews , Video Reviews and Open Book' started by yellowcat, May 1, 2022.

1. Redcap A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I think the generally better detail resin (subjectively) holds over WM and of course for a piece this size, the often 'deal killer' post/shipping price were you to transport a 1 Kg+ WM piece across the world in the current environment, offsets any disadvantages of delicacy of the resin parts. The issues identified in the (hi-res) photos are quite minor with some milliput for the chipped part and for the bubbles, just a touch of 'Mr Surfacer' fluid or similar would probably suffice.

Can I also say that both Gordon and Tommi at MMM are gentlemen and importantly, fellow modellers themselves and a call to either if you have a QC issue with any kit that you feel is beyond your capability at tackling or rectifying, will result in them putting right any issue with the kit to your satisfaction. I recently had a minor issue with one of their magnificent 120mm French Hussar mounted pieces and a quick email to the chaps had a perfect replacement part arrive at my house within the week - now that's what I call aftersales service!

They are a class act and a pleasure to deal with, so buy with 100% confidence.

Gary
    Tecumsea, Helm, Martin64 and 3 others like this.
  2. Oda A Fixture

A very keen observation indeed.

Oda.
    Nap likes this.
  3. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Guys

I have edited out comments on some posts leaving just historical information

Thank you , PM if needed

Nap
    Oda likes this.
  4. Toshiya Member

Japan
    Wow, I was pretty surprised by some of the inaccuracies on the newer model. There’s definitely parts I like, such as the face sculpt. But the way some of the metal plates on the shoulder guards and other places are placed… I’m not sure. I’m not an expert but I’ve never seen them look like that before. Very much appreciate the close up shots of both models. Despite some inaccuracies, I would still like to make an order of the newer model as it looks really cool regardless haha!
    ometz, yellowcat, Nap and 1 other person like this.
  5. yellowcat A Fixture

Canada
    Some more references.

Sashimono during the famous battle of Sekigahara Oct.21, 1600

sas1a2.jpg

sas2a1.jpg

49c2dfa85c4befb4a71d182e234f473f.jpg

bb30d4194f8e32c014cd19a152c2b4ea.jpg

Horse harness references for the RDG Samurai. These are not kiso horse just modern breed.

201204_09_83_e0143883_2120970.jpg

h1a1.jpg

JAPAN-Tina Bague 05-WEB.jpg

4ef59ad05080195c3ed6ab2375daec881.jpg

v5.jpg

horse bridel2.jpg

Tachi

Es51Q0BVcAIaDZN.jpg

124094474_10159178588454459_5556013306564272481_n1.jpg

$(KGrHqF,!rcFCf21(B,dBQ)ovtDSs!~~60_3.jpg

Martin64, blaster, Redcap and 2 others like this.
  6. Oda A Fixture

Excellent reference!!!!!

Oda.
  7. Nap Moderator

England

Agree there cheers Felix , the horse items look so impressive as well ....as for the swords ...jaw dropping !

Nap
    Oda likes this.
  8. Redcap A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Fabulous reference material - thanks for all your efforts with this Felix.
    Gary
    Nap and Oda like this.
  9. BRAN Active Member

France
    An incredible review, congratulation Yellowcat !!
    yellowcat, Redcap, Nap and 1 other person like this.
  10. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    A Samurai thread that's now run for 2 whole pages with no slanging matches & handbags explains the squadron of flying pigs that's just swooped past my window. :D

A fantastic, detailed dual review backed up by equally excellent reference material & information (much of which has gone straight over my head, but that's not really the point) plus some lengthy but very friendly discourse is what this place is all about. Great stuff!

- Steve
    Martin64, blaster, Redcap and 3 others like this.
  11. Redcap A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Errrrrr....you're a bit late to the party Steve after the Mods did some 'tidying up'..!

Irrespective, a masterpiece of a review by Felix for which I am sure many of us who like to model this subject will be happy about.

Gary
    Oda, Babelfish and Nap like this.
  12. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Oh dear. I thought it was a bit too good to be true :ROFLMAO:.

- Steve
    Oda, arj and Redcap like this.
  13. arj A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Excellent review Felix.
    I've had the PM MS1 for many years and made a half-hearted attempt at it many moons ago.
    Your review and photo of your superb version make me want to get the Dettol out and start again.
    It'll have to wait though until my current effort with the Andrea Centurion bust has run its course.

Cheers,
    Andrew
    yellowcat, Redcap, Oda and 3 others like this.
  14. Romariogendalf A Fixture

Greece
    I need this one!
  15. Kevin D. Well-Known Member

United-States
    Felix!! That is a tremendous review!! Thank you! I've copied it over to my historical files! What a wealth of information!

Thanks!

Kevin D.
    yellowcat, Nap, Oda and 1 other person like this.
  16. Tommy Brown Active Member

Thanks for a colossus review.