1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Mounted Napoleon I 90mm

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by ghamilt1, Dec 10, 2019.

1. TERRYSOMME1916 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Thanks for an insight on how you get into the painting stage so quickly and these latest pictures certainly show that you are not slapping paint on at speed but that you know what you are doing and getting wonderful results, the figure is excellent and I an looking forward to following your progress with the horse.
    Ever thought of going back into the teaching environment on a much smaller scale and running figure painting classes, your speed would be perfect for keeping a group focused.
    TERRY
  2. ghamilt1 A Fixture

Canada
    Thanks Allan, I feel as though I may have inadvertedly mislead you in the photo. In fact the boots haven't been painted yet, they are only primed. I am going to give them a coat of vallejo back grey and then apply shadows and highlights in oils. I thought I would only give them a little bit of weathering as you have correctly pointed out, his aids would keep him looking sufficiently splendid looking quite unlike the rest of the foot sloggers trudging along the road. But here you can see why I prime the figure with black and white primer. It really does help me see the dark and light areas better.
  3. ghamilt1 A Fixture

Canada
    Thanks Terry, most kind of you to say. I would love to offer some insight into painting figures and I think my experience as an educator would serve me well. But I live in Edmonton, Alberta in Western Canada.....where there are literally 3-5 other guys that are interested in historic figures in the whole province. And one of those guys is Rick Taylor, to whom I could teach nothing as he is a World Master (WE 2017 in Chicago). That and the fact that it is a long and expensive flight from here to anywhere else leads me to I think I would have to do a fair bit of travelling in order to find a class willing to put up with me. Still, always open to offers ;)
  4. Scotty A Fixture

Scotland
    I saw this on facebook but didn't realise it was you, He's looking great, where can I see what the whole figure looks like?
    All the best,
    Scotty.
  5. ghamilt1 A Fixture

Canada
    Nap and Scotty like this.
  6. ghamilt1 A Fixture

Canada
    Hi Scotty, I just saw on Facebook that this figure will be available from SK miniatures in the UK in January. Thought I would pass it along to you here.
    Scotty likes this.
  7. Scotty A Fixture

Scotland
    Thanks Glenn, I had looked on their site earlier but couldn't find it. Yours is going to be great I think mate.
  8. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    first class painting.
    ghamilt1 likes this.
  9. ghamilt1 A Fixture

Canada
    80479004_10158052312013023_5471275528893759488_n.jpg 80971040_10158052312093023_6560290316727877632_n.jpg 80989549_10158052312033023_599111194346782720_n.jpg
    A few more progress shots. Horse is blocked in and mostly done but obviously needs more detail work. Bonaparte is almost finished with just a few items needing some finishing, like his hat and boots and addition of his sword.
    Old Pete and Martin64 like this.