1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Mounted Knight CXIII

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Edson, Jan 12, 2004.

1. frank h Well-Known Member

England
    Edson
    A great SBS, your English is fine and your pictures are terrific,
    much appreciated.

Frank (y) (y)
  2. frank h Well-Known Member

England
    Edson
    A great SBS, your English is fine and your pictures are terrific,
    much appreciated.

Frank (y) (y)
  3. Edson Member

Mexico
    Thanks a lot all you guys for your words, the bad news is that the last picture was on 15 november 2003!!!, :( so just the last weekend a friend at last give me a camera to take the new pictures!!! , so in these week i hope to post new pictures, but maybe very much advanced in the S-b-S. so to correct that i will try to explain very well, each step in each accesorie... (i hope so)

Anyway Thanks a lot
    Cheers
    Ed (y)
  4. Edson Member

Mexico
    Thanks a lot all you guys for your words, the bad news is that the last picture was on 15 november 2003!!!, :( so just the last weekend a friend at last give me a camera to take the new pictures!!! , so in these week i hope to post new pictures, but maybe very much advanced in the S-b-S. so to correct that i will try to explain very well, each step in each accesorie... (i hope so)

Anyway Thanks a lot
    Cheers
    Ed (y)
  5. Edson Member

Mexico
    Ok, at last!!, more pictures , maybe a little advanced but well,

In the next 3 images you can see the horse and the terrain:

The horse after i applied a acrilic base color, i applied a oil base color whit a mix of burnt umber+ultramarine blue, a little of titanium white.
    For the Highlight i used Titanium white, ver very little, becouse the black color is not much contrast, then the shadows with Lampblack.

Maybe you can`t see the diferent tones in the horse becouse i was very little the diference...

The Terrain here i used Mexican Spices, like Tomillo(for the little ones in the right side) and Oregano for the ground.

First i painted with the terrain with some washes of burnt sienna + burnt umber, then i applied glue and springle the oregano, after that whit the Dremel i drill it 12 holes for the sticks of Tomillo, and pasted with glue, after put out the excess from some stones i paint all whit the airbrush, in 3 green tones , light, medium , and dark.

after i painted some stones whit black like you see in the images, yesterday i painted the stones whit acrilics in a grey color, and pastels, for the highlights.

Hope you like it (y)
  6. Edson Member

Mexico
    Ok, at last!!, more pictures , maybe a little advanced but well,

In the next 3 images you can see the horse and the terrain:

The horse after i applied a acrilic base color, i applied a oil base color whit a mix of burnt umber+ultramarine blue, a little of titanium white.
    For the Highlight i used Titanium white, ver very little, becouse the black color is not much contrast, then the shadows with Lampblack.

Maybe you can`t see the diferent tones in the horse becouse i was very little the diference...

The Terrain here i used Mexican Spices, like Tomillo(for the little ones in the right side) and Oregano for the ground.

First i painted with the terrain with some washes of burnt sienna + burnt umber, then i applied glue and springle the oregano, after that whit the Dremel i drill it 12 holes for the sticks of Tomillo, and pasted with glue, after put out the excess from some stones i paint all whit the airbrush, in 3 green tones , light, medium , and dark.

after i painted some stones whit black like you see in the images, yesterday i painted the stones whit acrilics in a grey color, and pastels, for the highlights.

Hope you like it (y)
  7. Edson Member

Mexico
    Now the figure ,

The chain mail is not finished yet, only a acrilic black color,
    and for the hat, and the others lether parts i used
    diferent mix like the next ones

Light Lether (like ante)--base from Raw Sienna or Mars Yellow
    Medium--base from Burnt Umber + Burnt Sienna
    Darks--base from Burnt Umber or Raw Umber (+ at will)
    Reds--Venetian Red or Indian Red or Mars Red + Burnt Umber.

Sorry not write much, but my hand is really tired!!!!!!!!!1

The trousers, the boot and the sleeves tunic, just whit the acrilic base color

The beard was painted like the horse, and the blue parts was prussian blue + titanium white, only applied highlight whit more white.

See you im gone to sleep... zzzzzzzz:blink:

[IMG]

[IMG]
  8. Edson Member

Mexico
    Now the figure ,

The chain mail is not finished yet, only a acrilic black color,
    and for the hat, and the others lether parts i used
    diferent mix like the next ones

Light Lether (like ante)--base from Raw Sienna or Mars Yellow
    Medium--base from Burnt Umber + Burnt Sienna
    Darks--base from Burnt Umber or Raw Umber (+ at will)
    Reds--Venetian Red or Indian Red or Mars Red + Burnt Umber.

Sorry not write much, but my hand is really tired!!!!!!!!!1

The trousers, the boot and the sleeves tunic, just whit the acrilic base color

The beard was painted like the horse, and the blue parts was prussian blue + titanium white, only applied highlight whit more white.

See you im gone to sleep... zzzzzzzz:blink:

[IMG]

[IMG]
  9. Edson Member

Mexico
    the another image from the terrain and the horse
  10. Edson Member

Mexico
    the another image from the terrain and the horse
  11. Edson Member

Mexico
    For the chain mail these is the plan.

First the classic base in black acrilic, then whit a #2 pencil to scrape the graphite and using a little cotton for the aplication, so this will give you a more realistic look, then with a pewter pencil, the highlights only in especific areas, after that, you can added some weathering whit oils. :)

hope this help you
    Cheers
    Ed (y)
  12. Edson Member

Mexico
    For the chain mail these is the plan.

First the classic base in black acrilic, then whit a #2 pencil to scrape the graphite and using a little cotton for the aplication, so this will give you a more realistic look, then with a pewter pencil, the highlights only in especific areas, after that, you can added some weathering whit oils. :)

hope this help you
    Cheers
    Ed (y)
  13. lancer63 New Member

Excelente figura Edson! Your technique is helping me a lot. Just one question. What you call PLASTILITA is the same as plastilina or modelina in spanish?

Cheers!!
  14. lancer63 New Member

Excelente figura Edson! Your technique is helping me a lot. Just one question. What you call PLASTILITA is the same as plastilina or modelina in spanish?

Cheers!!
  15. Edson Member

Mexico
    Hola
    The plastilita is a like a paste, for give texture to the linen cloths and support the colors in a better way.

hope it helps. (y)

Ahora bien si hablas español me puedo expresar mejor, la plastilita es una pasta, para darle textura a los lienzos antes de pintar en ellos , al momento de secar endurece como si fuera una delgada capa de yeso, para que los colores agarren mejor y no se traspasen de la tela .

Saludos (y)

Ed
  16. lancer63 New Member

Ok. Entiendo Edson. Y sí, el español es mi lengua materna.
    Now I have it clear. Yes, I know the material, we call it yeso para fijar and some artists and textile factories use it. Personally I've never used it, mainly because I use wall plaster which has given me acceptable results. The pomez stone idea seems cool and a fresh change from my old hard bristles brush.
    Gracias por la ayuda mi amigo. Estaremos en contacto. (y)
  17. Edson Member

Mexico
    ok!! now at last i bought my own digital camera, so i´ll post more pics of my proyects (so happy!!!!!!!!!!!!)

by the moment, these 3 views from the aitna figure, some parts are finish like the belts and the chain mail.

hope you like it :lol:

Front view01
    [IMG]

Front view02
    [IMG]

Rear view
    [IMG]

Cheers
    Ed =P
  18. jitch0t Member

Spain
    enhorabuena por la compra de la cámara! espero recibir una propia para mi cumpleaños :)

ya le queda poquito a la figura no? ánimo.
  19. Edson Member

Mexico
    Asi es Dani afortunadamente ya estamos cerca del final.

Now, the last time that i posted a pic from the terrain was too green , so after a little touchs with pastels chalks (yellow ochre, burnt sienna, white).

I got this result and im more happy with it :lol:

Cheers
    Ed =p

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

:)
  20. jitch0t Member

Spain
    looks better Ed, keep it going! :lol: