1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Mounted Knight CXIII

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Edson, Jan 12, 2004.

1. Edson Member

Mexico
    Ok whit these i start my workbench folder, hope you like it ....

Figure Name: Knigth C. XIII
    Company: Aitna Models
    Scale: 54mm (1/32)
    White Metal
    Item No. = 54C05
    Sculptor:Dimitri
    I will use Oils and Acrilics is how i paint.

See you later (y)
    [IMG]

[IMG]
  2. Edson Member

Mexico
    Ok whit these i start my workbench folder, hope you like it ....

Figure Name: Knigth C. XIII
    Company: Aitna Models
    Scale: 54mm (1/32)
    White Metal
    Item No. = 54C05
    Sculptor:Dimitri
    I will use Oils and Acrilics is how i paint.

See you later (y)
    [IMG]

[IMG]
  3. Edson Member

Mexico
    Ok lets go to work, in the next images, you can see, the two parts of the horse are together, the filler has done, and the color base was applied like in the horseman.
    the horse legs have 3 needles to secure it on the base

Next Step: EYES!!!!

[IMG]

a close up from the primer in the figure...
    [IMG]

Some accesories from the kit...
    [IMG]

Cheers
    Ed (y)
  4. Edson Member

Mexico
    Ok lets go to work, in the next images, you can see, the two parts of the horse are together, the filler has done, and the color base was applied like in the horseman.
    the horse legs have 3 needles to secure it on the base

Next Step: EYES!!!!

[IMG]

a close up from the primer in the figure...
    [IMG]

Some accesories from the kit...
    [IMG]

Cheers
    Ed (y)
  5. Edson Member

Mexico
    Hi guys

In the next imges you can see the eyes already painted , and the base skin color, using acrilics paints, Tamiya Flat Flesh and Gunze Sail Color we need a good acrilic base, TO OBTAIN A GOOD BASE TO BE ABLE TO APPLY THE OLEO BASE COVER becouse some oils are TRANSLUCENT

EYES: fist paint a little black point in the right eye (first the right if you write with your right hand if don´t , first the left, this is for more easy to paint the eyes in correct direction )

Next Step: Shadows, and lights in the face whint the oils, this is the most important and funny step in the painting process, for my.

Sorry if are something you don´t understand my english is not good, and is hard to me make a step by step , but i will my best effort.

[IMG]

Now, the painting from the Face, in 3 steps,

First i applied a base oil color whit a mix of W&N burnt umber , raw sienna, and some indian red, then some shades whit Burnt umber and some hightlighs whit titanium white and some of naples yellow.

After more shadows and hightlights in a second application, and Finaly i applied spots of titanium white pure in the points of more light.

What do you think?

[IMG]

firts shadows and highlights....

[IMG]

the final face... in two views.... in these step the beard not have highlights and shadows

[IMG]

and the other view...

[IMG]

[IMG]
    Maybe some of you has already see the S-b-S, but some ones not, so enjoy it

Cheers
    Ed (y)
  6. Edson Member

Mexico
    Hi guys

In the next imges you can see the eyes already painted , and the base skin color, using acrilics paints, Tamiya Flat Flesh and Gunze Sail Color we need a good acrilic base, TO OBTAIN A GOOD BASE TO BE ABLE TO APPLY THE OLEO BASE COVER becouse some oils are TRANSLUCENT

EYES: fist paint a little black point in the right eye (first the right if you write with your right hand if don´t , first the left, this is for more easy to paint the eyes in correct direction )

Next Step: Shadows, and lights in the face whint the oils, this is the most important and funny step in the painting process, for my.

Sorry if are something you don´t understand my english is not good, and is hard to me make a step by step , but i will my best effort.

[IMG]

Now, the painting from the Face, in 3 steps,

First i applied a base oil color whit a mix of W&N burnt umber , raw sienna, and some indian red, then some shades whit Burnt umber and some hightlighs whit titanium white and some of naples yellow.

After more shadows and hightlights in a second application, and Finaly i applied spots of titanium white pure in the points of more light.

What do you think?

[IMG]

firts shadows and highlights....

[IMG]

the final face... in two views.... in these step the beard not have highlights and shadows

[IMG]

and the other view...

[IMG]

[IMG]
    Maybe some of you has already see the S-b-S, but some ones not, so enjoy it

Cheers
    Ed (y)
  7. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    It's looking great Edson......keep up the great work!!!!!
  8. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    It's looking great Edson......keep up the great work!!!!!
  9. Edson Member

Mexico
    THE HORSE AND TERRAIN.

Now we move to the Horse, in the picture you can see the terrain basics around the hooves from the horse then i will complete the basic terrain and paint the horse starting whit a base oil color of W&N Titanium White, Ivory Black, and some of blue, then shadows whith black and highlitghts whit titanium pure white

[IMG]

I first prime my figures in a white color whit te airbrush, and then i paint de acrilic base color whit brush like in the next picture from the acrilic base color on the horse, (black,napoleonic blue and some of white), and after that the oil base color, our horse will be black, becouse..... i don´t know i like the black

...... in the picture you can see the acrilic base color in the horse and the first steps in the decorate from the base a really hard work, last night i don´t sleep ....

[IMG]

now we will continue whit the terrain in three steps more, first i applied a basic coat from PLASTILITA is like puty, is used to give texture to the linen cloths from the painters before they painting.

ok i hope you understand my english i feel is not a good explication so,
    check the nex three pictures firts de PLASTILITA aplication, then to match the terrain, and finaly give it texture whit a POMEX stone, then in a 4 picture some of grass in the terrain maybe after i will add more, i don´t know yet...

[IMG]

the second step...
    I know looks horrible!! LoL ... but

[IMG]

final basic terrain... :lol:

[IMG]

i little of Grass... maybe more after

[IMG]

this a General view whit the horse on the terrain ...

[IMG]

Cheers
    Ed (y)
  10. Edson Member

Mexico
    THE HORSE AND TERRAIN.

Now we move to the Horse, in the picture you can see the terrain basics around the hooves from the horse then i will complete the basic terrain and paint the horse starting whit a base oil color of W&N Titanium White, Ivory Black, and some of blue, then shadows whith black and highlitghts whit titanium pure white

[IMG]

I first prime my figures in a white color whit te airbrush, and then i paint de acrilic base color whit brush like in the next picture from the acrilic base color on the horse, (black,napoleonic blue and some of white), and after that the oil base color, our horse will be black, becouse..... i don´t know i like the black

...... in the picture you can see the acrilic base color in the horse and the first steps in the decorate from the base a really hard work, last night i don´t sleep ....

[IMG]

now we will continue whit the terrain in three steps more, first i applied a basic coat from PLASTILITA is like puty, is used to give texture to the linen cloths from the painters before they painting.

ok i hope you understand my english i feel is not a good explication so,
    check the nex three pictures firts de PLASTILITA aplication, then to match the terrain, and finaly give it texture whit a POMEX stone, then in a 4 picture some of grass in the terrain maybe after i will add more, i don´t know yet...

[IMG]

the second step...
    I know looks horrible!! LoL ... but

[IMG]

final basic terrain... :lol:

[IMG]

i little of Grass... maybe more after

[IMG]

this a General view whit the horse on the terrain ...

[IMG]

Cheers
    Ed (y)
  11. Edson Member

Mexico
    Thanks Guy, the best is yet to come (i hope so )

Ed (y)
  12. Edson Member

Mexico
    Thanks Guy, the best is yet to come (i hope so )

Ed (y)
  13. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Edson, Neat figure, I love all the accessories.~Gary
  14. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Edson, Neat figure, I love all the accessories.~Gary
  15. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Ed!

Great job, and I am really enjoying your SBS approach, got some nice humor in there too!
  16. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Ed!

Great job, and I am really enjoying your SBS approach, got some nice humor in there too!
  17. johnbrewer New Member

Looking really good (y) I like the way you are doing the sbs, plenty of pics
  18. johnbrewer New Member

Looking really good (y) I like the way you are doing the sbs, plenty of pics
  19. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    Excellent Ed, keep us updated!
    (y)
  20. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    Excellent Ed, keep us updated!
    (y)