WIP Mounted Grenadier

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Ron Tamburrini, Mar 23, 2014.

1. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Right on the napoleonic kick now ,Metal models mounted Grenadier which has been in the grey army for two years and just been liberated .
    As usual the digi cam has washed out all the whites , note the background paper is actually green not blue:confused:
    An old pot of Humbrol paint has been used for the undercoat blue,why is this stuff in a tin wich was opened 20 odd years ago still in good nick and dries super matt.

IMG_9331.JPG
  2. swralph A Fixture

From what I can see in the pic,looking good
  3. malc PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Does to me to, one of my favourite subjects the French grenadier from Napoleonic period, though the first and last was in about 1986.
  4. BarrieHynd Well-Known Member

Scotland
    Looking real good so far Ron. (still trying to get my gee gee built) Will be following this.

Barrie.
  5. Aveleira A Fixture

Portugal
    Very nice start! Looks like you're going to have a lovely figure in the end!

Regards
    Pedro
  6. Gellso A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Looks good Ron.
    The tin gives an idea just how wee this thing is.

Gells
  7. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Nice one Gells never thought about that , got a surprise when I opened it and it was just like new, this stuff in that format has been off the shelf for eons
  8. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Cheers Pedro ,Its back to my roots here ,at one time all I ever painted were french napoleonic right down to 25mm hinchcliff,wargames figures had a whole Brigade at one time :)
  9. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    It would look better with a little U shaped piece of metal somewhere.
    DEL and Helm like this.
  10. Helm A Fixture

England
    Looks well Ron (y) I've got Humbrol paints which the lids had rusted shut :eek: and still are fine, they probably banned 90% of chemicals used to make it now :LOL: That's why yellows don't cover as well as they used to *nods wisely*
    Steve
  11. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    You used to be able to put the old humbrols on to unprimed plastic tanks and aeroplanes and they stayed put
  12. malc PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    One trick we use at work for yellows, is to do the first coat with a little white mixed in then use just yellow. The white adds body.
    Tecumsea and billyturnip like this.