1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Mounted ECW

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Figure Mad, Aug 26, 2007.

1. ArturM Well-Known Member

Poland
    Beautiful work, Dave!

cheers
    Artur
  2. Jon Metters Member

Wow!!!! Please post more pics when it is painted!

Best,

Jon Metters
  3. rej Well-Known Member

Malta
    Oh My God.......What a pity I won't see this in "the flesh".... I'm dumbstruck Dave........really am!!! Is my "hound" instinct on the right track if I say this is Poste Miltaire's 90mm Polish Lancer?

Can't wait for the painting mate :)

Ray ;)
  4. Figure Mad Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Ray

Long time no speak mate, very gratefull to receive the compliments and you are right its the PM Red Lancer, picked up a cheap one at a table top sale at a show, it sat in the grey army for about 3 years, pulled it out the draw and I was struck by an Idea, what you see before you is the end result of the sculpting the whole thing was constructed from the Lancer. Oh and the horse is already in basecoat, as is the head and the torso.....got to get it done mate.........

Thanks again Ray - I already owe you one from before

Dave
  5. Jeff Active Member

United-States
    I am so glad to see this. I loved seeing the pieces of this come together. It is really wonderful. Can not wait to see it painted.

Best
    Jeff
  6. Bluesking Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Dave MAGIC !!!!!!
  7. pkw4 Active Member

Italy
    Hi Dave
    lovely sculpting.Very good.
    Roberto
  8. Figure Mad Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Guys

Thanks for all you replies, just thought it would be good to give you an update, I have been busy with this one the face has been painted and the the horse is almost finished and I have almost done the buff coat, so a couple of pics are below as ever comments welcome, the mages have been taken with two different cameras so please forgive the colour changes..........

[IMG]
    [IMG]
  9. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Dave, looking good, looking forward to your next step.

Cheers
    Roc
  10. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    This is really really nice work.

marc
  11. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Looking good Dave! Can't wait to see this beauty come together!

Jay H.
    OKC
  12. schley Active Member

Ireland
    Dave

Great job It looks brilliant, Look forward to seeing it painted!

John
  13. ghamilt1 A Fixture

Canada
    That "thump" you may have heard was my jaw hitting the floor. Are you kidding me? This is one of the best things I have ever seen and it just keeps getting better as paint is applied. Truly outstanding and truly inspirational.
  14. Ernest A Fixture

Venezuela
    Fantastic!! this is just amazing, the groundwork and the horse really call my attention...keep going
  15. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Dave, Very very nice. Everybody has pretty much said it all. I really admire all the work you're putting into this.~Gary
  16. closerlookbooks Active Member

United-States
    beyond me

I began painting a year ago. I marvel at a beautifully painted piece. To sculpt a piece as beautiful as what I see here is absolutely beyond my comprehension.
  17. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Awesome work Dave. Keep going!
  18. jsebc New Member

United-Kingdom
    fantastic stuff Dave....one question though...how do you get photo's above 200kb posted?