1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP mountain trooper help required

Discussion in 'Sculpting' started by nickk panther, Jan 23, 2012.

1. nickk panther Member

United-Kingdom
    hi guys
    just some more work done caps now nearly finished just a little refining left to do the i will start on the body part cheers nick

Attached Files:

Heeresbergführer, crf and Renéduret like this.
  2. Renéduret Well-Known Member

Netherlands
    Hi Nick,

I'm sure some experts around here can help you out.
    I only want to say you have good feeling for shapes and volumes.
    I even see some texture on the cap, nicely done!

what scale is this?

René
  3. nickk panther Member

United-Kingdom
    hi mate
    the scale is about 1/5th scale so quite big but not to big ive still afair bit of work on the face smoothing and re detailing cheers for the positive comment cheers nick :)
  4. TonyT Active Member

United-Kingdom
  5. TonyT Active Member

United-Kingdom
  6. Heeresbergführer Active Member

United-States
    Grüß Di' Bergkamerad Nick,

Nice looking start on a Gebirgsjäger figure....my favorite subject. I have plenty of original Gebirgsjäger militaria and reference material in my collection. I've specialized in this topic for over 30 years. You can contact me directly.

Are you trying to sculpt a figure of General Dietl in the photograph...full figure or bust? He is wearing a Swedish fur coat...even though Sweden was neutral, they still traded raw materials and commerce with the Germans. Most of these coats were private purchase items for officers in Norway and Finland. Here's a period color photo of a GJ officer wearing one:

[IMG]

If you need some better reference photos of GJ Bergmützen, I have several and can shoot them from any angle for you.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

Berg Heil und Horrido!

Patrick
    Diegoff likes this.
  7. TonyT Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Would be my bet they would wear anything that was warm and acquired.
  8. Heeresbergführer Active Member

United-States
    Here's my favorite image of General Dietl...wearing a Windjacke and Reindeer mittens!

[IMG]

Horrido!

Patrick
  9. Renéduret Well-Known Member

Netherlands
    Just continue Nick!
    I like your style!

René
  10. nickk panther Member

United-Kingdom
    thanks guys
    Patrick you are a star(y) a true gentleman thanks a great deal for the reference material it isn't general deitl but just a high ranking officer in the mountain troops its is a topic that im just getting in to as i myself love the story of Stalingrad and the surrounding of the 24 panzer division and have done a few dioramas figures and sculpts to depict this . funny you should mention enemy at the gates film because that is what started the hole thing many years ago once again thanks for all your comments as they say i will keep you all posted on progression
    cheers nick
  11. offo A Fixture

Sory for the bad photo. I have a lot of literature, and I was looking for the coat. Perhaps it is not German. But such is the general custom tailored sheepskin.

.............................But there has been clarified, Sory

Attached Files:

12. master Well-Known Member

Ukraine
    may be useful

Attached Files:

13. nickk panther Member

United-Kingdom
    just some more work done cheers nick