1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Mountain Man, 1840 Finished

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Guy, Feb 7, 2009.

1. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    I was able to finish up a bust tonight that I had been working on while also working on several other figures, both single foot and mounted. The left side conch shell and feathers are from the spare parts box and the beads hanging down from the hat are from another kit. The basic bust is from Heroic Miniatures.

Fin MM 01.JPG Fin MM 02.JPG

Fin MM 03.JPG Fin MM 04.JPG

Fin MM 05.JPG Fin MM 06.JPG

Fin MM 07.JPG Fin MM 08.JPG

Fin MM 13.JPG Fin MM 14.JPG

The Base is a Ron Sanders base from Tulsa, Oklahoma.

Thanks for looking......all comments welcomed.

2. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Outstanding as usual O'l Guy! Especially like the last two images, colors turned out perfectly in those two. Love the additions as well. You are a paintin' fool my friend!

Jay H.
    OKc
  3. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Great work Guy. Lots of character in that face.
  4. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks Jay & Tony. I appreciate the feedback. I am working on the opposite side of the realm now with the bust of Elizabeth I. Not used to the light light flesh tones she requires.
  5. Tecumsea PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    HI Guy,

Nice work-love the worn look on the jacket-is this oils or acrylics?

Tecumsea
  6. jacksparrow1979 New Member

United-Kingdom
    WOW!:eek: Very Very nice Guy. I don't think anyone comes close to to capturing the true essence of a mountain man more than you do with your painting. I take it this bust is OOP as I can't find it on Heroic Miniatures website.
  7. Ulrich PlanetFigure Supporter

Germany
    I can only support Jay with his meaning. The best are the last two pictures with the different backgrounds. Here the colours turn out perfectly.

Great figure and great painting

Ulrich
  8. Christos Well-Known Member

Greece
    Great work my friend!!!
    chris
  9. Tommi A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Very nice work again Guy, I really like the painting method that you use on the leather/buckskin clothing, lots of nice character in the face and a great set of photos.
    Cheers
    Tommi
  10. Marcel Active Member

Spain
    Guy,
    Outstanding paintwork on this bust.

regards,
    Marcel.
  11. caramba Well-Known Member

Poland
    Superb work, as always Guy!
    M.
  12. Mark S Guest

Lovely bust,Guy.
    Well done.
  13. Bluesking Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Are you sure it's not you? As usua you have captured the colours and character of the period, lovely painting Guy.
  14. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Excellent work Guy,
    My favorit picture's are the last two.

Marc
  15. ubbi Active Member

Italy
    Beautiful painting Guy, I like the original yellow skin tones on the face it adds character to the figure.

Cheers Stefano
  16. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Splendid Guy, I love the way the different textures are painted including the skin! Very realistic.

Looking forward to seeing your Virgin Queen, personally I don't believe that:D

Roger
  17. Uruk-Hai PlanetFigure Supporter

Sweden
    Hi Guy!

I think you have done a great job on the face and eyes.

Cheers
    Janne Nilsson
  18. Special Ops Models Active Member

United-States
    Beautiful work Guy,
    It's to bad you will not make it to the Atlanta show.

Cheers,

Andy
  19. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Tecumsa ~ Thanks for the kind words. The flesh is done in oils and all the rest is done with enamels.

Pete ~ Thanks Pete. This bust was released last May as a Limited Edition of 50 castings. Heroic has not updated their website yet to show this new bust. You might try emailing them directly.

Ulrich, Christos, Tommi, Marcel, Marcin, Marc, Stephen, Mark, Stefano, Roger and Janne...........Many thanks for your kind words and feedback. Much appreciated.
  20. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks Andy. Trust me.......if I thought I could attend the Atlanta show I would be there waiting for the doors to open. Fantastic show.