1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Most beloved figure

Discussion in 'General Figure Talk' started by Theodoros, Sep 10, 2009.

1. Clarence1 Member

Canada
    I agree with Frank here. This comrades in arms 1812 is a piece that show so much emotion. One of my favorite. BTW, I had the chance to buy it yesterday at the IPMS Ottawa, CapCon 2009.

But in my opinion, each and everyone have something special. Impossible to compare and difficult to say which one is the best!!!

Clarence
  2. Figure Mad Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Carl,

No, I wish it was, its a cracking piece, large too...... this was at Euro

Dave
  3. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Thanks Dave, I saw him on the Euro photos. I think it's what gave me the impetus to strip and repaint mine. Cheers for a great reference.
    Carl.
  4. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    Well my all time favorite piece...well thats not easy to answer, but i think that Pegaso bust of Bashi Buzuk is a really superb piece, and the one that at the moment i saw decided to paint immidately even if i didnt used topaint busts till then . And now i am painting it for a second time.... and maybe i will paint again a third one...or a fourth one ...and a ....

Costas
  5. Johan Well-Known Member

Belgium
    .... For me it has to be PiLiPiLi's 120mm Geisha (the one standing on a bridge section holding a fan) : it is the only figure that my mother ever asked me to paint for her, because she adores it ... and how can a mother be wrong ? :)

I'm being sentimental maybe, but there you go ... the PiLiPiLi 120mm Geisha it is for me.
  6. je_touche Member

Germany
    Always the one that I just finished sculpting.
  7. T50 A Fixture

United-States
    Me, too.
  8. Christosjager A Fixture

Greece
    This is a very difficult choise,because there are so many beloved miniatures.After a lot of thinking there are four for me!
    1)Mameluk (Poste Militaire),
    2)Prussian Uhlan (Poste Militaire),
    3)Highlander Clansman (Kirin),
    4)Prussian Officer WW1 (Kirin).
    I have all of them (over a decade) but nothing painted yet!!!

Attached Files:

9. DEL A Fixture

Scotland
    Great choices, each one an outstanding figure.
    Regards
    Derek
  10. bobparker Member

England
    mine is a converted 12th Airfix bengal lancer with Harton miniatures samurai bust,not a great paint job but a lot of fun doing it
    Bob

Attached Files:

11. CorySF Guest

I have three favorites: The Verlinden bust of Robert E. Lee, An unknown bust of Oliver Cromwell and Pegaso's Magister Militum.
  12. Brent Fordham New Member

Canada
    I have many favorites, but I mention this one specifically because it was the first figure that I saw years ago that made me think, "Wow! I really need to look into figure modelling. This is very cool stuff!" In that sense, this figure drew me into the hobby and got me started.

[IMG]