1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Most beloved figure

Discussion in 'General Figure Talk' started by Theodoros, Sep 10, 2009.

1. Theodoros A Fixture

Greece
    I would like to ask the fellow modellers of this forum :

Through the years of painting or sculpting, which ONE figure, scrach or not, painted by you or not, do you think is your beloved ?
  2. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    For me it is my first figure where i was satisfied with.
    The Pegaso 75mm Marcomanni.

Marc
  3. Einion Well-Known Member

Too many to pick just one above all others. Hard enough some years to pick a single favourite from that year's crop of figures, much less an all-time fav.

Einion
  4. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Well, over the 37 years I have painted figures there is one figure I have painted 10 or 11 times in different scenes and vignettes. It would be Series 77's 90mm Single foot Mountain Man. I have always loved this figure and still have on hand in my gray army 2 casting yet to paint.

Here he is with a Superior 90mm Mountain Man on top of the stream bank in a vignette.

MM 1.jpg

Here he is again with a Michael Roberts head done as a single foot figure.

MM 2.jpg

My other favorite would be Poste Militaire's 90mm Northern Cheyenne Dog Soldier which I have done 4 times and still don't have one in my show case. The next one is mine to keep.

Med Dog.jpg

Very interesting question and I hope we hear from other painters about what their favorite figure was.
  5. Saginaw79 New Member

United-States
    If I had to pick a figure, its the first 1/16 i ever did.

The Tamiya Machinegunner in Greatcoat

but my favorite model in the world is one of a WWII era SAS 'Desert rat' jeep, which is also a Tamiya kit IIRC
  6. Theodoros A Fixture

Greece
    Could you please upload a picture of this ?
  7. Saginaw79 New Member

United-States
    Nothing spectacular compared to many here, but mine none the less-

[IMG]

[IMG]

The MG42 is missing its bipod for some reason and this was before I knew how to build slings etc from styrene etc
  8. Robert Dominick Member

United-States
    For me it is Series 77 kit A36 of a Union Cavalry Trooper peeling an apple for his horse and Series 77 kit A65 Confederate Artillery Officer sculpted by Mike Stelzel
    Unfortunately I do not have any photos of the ones I painted.

Attached Files:

9. Theodoros A Fixture

Greece
    My personal choise is this 90mm figure, made from scratch and painted by Kostas Kariotellis, about 10 years ago. Does not belongs to me, but I have admired this suberb "Heracleius", in Athens Show. See the physical pose of miniature, the plethora of elements in Emperor's clothing (7th c.AD).

[IMG]
  10. DEL A Fixture

Scotland
    A bit old school but for me it's a tie between Keith Durhams Conquistador and Halberdier, both by Poste Militaire. These were the 2 where I felt I'd cracked it.

Derek
  11. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Drum Major. Goodman. London Scots. No camera hence no photo. My first grown up figure.:confused:

Attached Files:

• umm1.jpg
      umm1.jpg
      File size:
      24.5 KB
      Views:
  12. Bluesking Active Member

United-Kingdom
    For me it was Poste Militaire's 90mm Northern Cheyenne Dog Soldier or Pilipili's "Iron Hand" Sioux
  13. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    I've seen a flat version of this chap, Hodden grey kilt, no tartan, now there's an idea, hmmmm. :D

My favourite fig keeps changing but I do like this one a lot. 54mm resin by Jon Smith. It was a real pleasure to paint.

[IMG]

Roger.
  14. roadking Active Member

United-States
    I think that I would have to say my favorite up to this point was the Timurid Emir sculpted by Julian Hullis for Poste Militaire. I painted it twice and really felt I honed my skills on various aspects of the figure. The test for me is that if someone asked me to paint a figure and it was one I had already done, would I be willing to do it again? With that figure I would probably be willing to paint a third one.
  15. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Art Gerona do a 54mm version of him, I have just found out.
    Carl.

Attached Files:

16. Jimmy S Well-Known Member

Australia
    Almond Sculptures 95th Rifles Sgt, brilliant painted or even polished. Still one of the most sought after kits out there...
  17. Theodoros A Fixture

Greece
    Sharpie 95: Is there any possibility to view an image of that ?
  18. frank h Well-Known Member

England
    Hi good thread

This Andrea offering is my favourite plan to paint another one
    Comrades in Arms

so many good things about this piece

Frank

Attached Files:

19. Figure Mad Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Carl

This must be the one you mean

Dave

Attached Files:

20. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    That's the very fellow, is he one of yours Dave?
    Cheers,
    Carl.