1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

morr corr 1/16 german para

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by gothicgeek, Mar 27, 2009.

1. gothicgeek A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    hi all!

to save my mind whilst painting rommels white (ish) jacket i preped and started painting this figure i got at a local model show.

the resin was like an aero bar, the gun was unusable and there was no gas mask bag included....

i used VA acrylic filler watered down to deal with the hundreds of pin holes, just painted on the tiny ones.

here's an in progress shot

[IMG]
  2. Barke02 Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Mark,

I've got this one as well, nice figure isn't it?

If you fancy some reading material while you're painting this I'd heartily recommend 'Fallschirmjager in Crete 1941' by Jean-Yves Nasse. A beauty of a book, and only 17 quid on Amazon at the moment.

btw is that just the brown base colour on the collar patches, and you'll paint them yellow later?

Cheers,
    Jon.

Attached Files:

3. gothicgeek A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    it's a cracking pose on this one..... yellow? DOH .. my reference book showed red with gold wings and white edging.... or did i dream it? lol

and thanks for the recomendation :)

Mark
  4. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Fast work mate and good start to the figure so far.

Steve
  5. Barke02 Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Mark, yup that was definitely a dream!

Collar patches for fallschirmjager were all yellow (no edging), and his rank of Gefreiter was represented by two dull white metal 'eagles'.

The paras that dropped onto Crete were dressed for a European climate, and many veterans recall the intense heat once on the ground. Many paras (that had been lucky enough not to land on the bayonets of furious NZ'ers!) promptly discarded their woolen fliegerbluse.

I recently read Martin Poppel's book. In it he says that the Fallschirmjager arm never recovered from the losses on Crete. Poppel continued fighting with his regiment in Sicily and Italy until wounded, after which he was posted to the greenhorn Fj.Regt.6. It's a very good read, particularly anyone interested in Fallscirmjager Regt.6 in Normandy (fans of series Band of Brothers take note).

All the best,
    Jon.

Attached Files:

6. gothicgeek A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    OH RATS :)

easy to sort at this stage, so many thanks ..... and again thanks for the heads up on the book

:)
  7. Marcel Active Member

Spain
    Mark,

Great start, looking forward to your next update.

Marcel.
  8. gothicgeek A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Thanks Marcel :)

hands and stick grenades!

[IMG]
  9. Barke02 Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Great stuff mark!

liking the hair on the arm, the veins on the hands, and the wood effect on the stick grenade!

Cheers,
    Jon.
  10. gothicgeek A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    cheers Jon :) a whole evening on them :)

i corrected the collar tabs and realised that a blue shirt would almost certainly be more appropriate ... oops :) on HF it was pointed out that the straps on the chest are pockets and not straps :( so i removed the scratched gasmask bag and sorted the damage :(

toned down the green ( AV 821 germ camo beige glazed over the highlights ) and i'm very happy with the look of the jump smock now .....

next will be the pants and boots and some minor weathering. i'm trying something new for the base but will post when i have a result :)--<

anyone know an easy way to get Peddinghaus decals? without a credit card? ... uhhh i want the grenade decals..... FAILED! i will post a shout on the traders forum.....

enough jibber jabber and a progress pic

&:)

[IMG]

i know it looks like the feet are wrong, but they ar'nt ...... i'm pretty sure they ar'nt ! :p
  11. gothicgeek A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    chugging along ..... the eagle is a laser printer printout, klear to seal it, AV acrylic putty painted on to give a relief effect, then painted to exagerate the effect ....

the base is a trophy fitting from my local cobblers :)

mp40 is from dragon via Mark ( cheers mate ), strap from paper and superglue

[IMG]
  12. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Mark,

Great painting SBS , really like the eagle on the base .Thanks for posting.
    Cheers Ken
  13. gothicgeek A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    cheers Ken .... i did'nt plan on an SBS for this figure, but hey :)

so it's finished bar a couple of minor tweaks and some final coats of klear on that silver sleeve .... don't ever want to polish it again!

the base is a disk of "liteply" cut with an olfa circle cutter, sealed and pre-pinned to fit the figure.. the grit/sand is from a piece of sandstone from my local beach smashed up with a hammer and graded,i was going to put a plant on the base but it looked to cluttered. tamiya weathering master on the base and our mans pants, boots, backside etc

thanks for following and comments ( and for the help with references etc :) )

Attached Files: