1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP MOONLIGHT DWARF

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Paulo, Feb 10, 2019.

1. Paulo A Fixture

Portugal
    DSC02704 - Cópia.JPG

Hello Planeteers, this weekend I tried a new aproach on the Figures painting, actualy a Seminary leaded by Master ROMAN GROUBA, painting special lihght efects. Mostly exposed to moonlight and next to an artificial light of fire wood , comming from the ground.
    I must say it was amazzing !!!
    Here is the result I´ll send new photos when finish.

DSC02708.JPG DSC02707.JPG

DSC02709.JPG DSC02692.JPG

b00gie, fermatgom, serafeim and 6 others like this.
  2. MoboSchreuder A Fixture

beautiful painting job

mobo
    Paulo likes this.
  3. NeilW A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    An interesting and I'm sure challenging approach.

Perhaps all those with grey armies can now claim that it's a special effect that shows them through a mist ;)
  4. Paulo A Fixture

Portugal
    Thanks Mobo, in fact it´s very interresting and change a little of what we are used too, I mean it´s out of the confort zone, so makes you work a lot and find solutions for a new challenge ...
  5. Paulo A Fixture

Portugal
    Thanks Neil !! It do is challenging !! I mean, in some parts I find myself telling " what a the hell am I doing here " but then as you advance all becomes logical , and I do love the result. You should try
  6. grasshopper A Fixture

Canada
    I am inspired to give it a shot..did some monochromatic fake bronze pieces..this is a turn on that..if not mistaken a key is to use the warm colours to do the lit part, cold for the shadow “highlights”.
  7. Paulo A Fixture

Portugal

You got it my friend !! thats the key for this kind of work
  8. grasshopper A Fixture

Canada
    Tends to be the most effective shading in all applications...warm to highlight, cool to shadow or reversed..somhere the fiery orange contrasts with the use of cool greys . Easy to say..harder to do