1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Mookies Miniatures update

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Mookie, Jun 8, 2019.

1. Mookie Well-Known Member

Just an update from us.We will be taking a break for awhile.We only have in stock a few 1.12th mini busts and wont be able to re.stock the range at this time.Rest assured we have things in the pipeline and we hope to return in the future.
    Cheers from Richard and Helen.
    Nap, Grod and Scotty like this.
  2. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Richard

Thanks for the update , hope all is well

Look forward to seeing what's in the pipeline

And also hope we see your posting and enjoying PF still

Nap
  3. Mookie Well-Known Member

4. Nap Moderator

England

???

257 views , not everyone posts Richard but reads and makes a note

Nap
  5. Mookie Well-Known Member

6. Nap Moderator

England

Rich

Thanks for clarifying , all credit to you for even attempting it in such a niche market

Stay tuned in to PF your input is very welcome

Nap
    Babelfish likes this.
  7. Steve Brodie PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    hope your back soon, the two bust i have from you are superb !
    Babelfish likes this.
  8. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    It's a crowded market Richard, so I echo what Kev said: Well done for giving it a go.

While none of your releases appealed to me personally, there was absolutely nothing wrong with them in terms of quality. The only turkey (in my opinion anyway, and I'm going to be honest) was the "Old Dobbin" panto horse head. Not sure what that was all about or what market you were aiming at with it. But that said, no company large or small has ever got it right every time, and there were some very nice pieces among the others.

I'm sorry to hear that things didn't pan out as well as you'd hoped/expected, but maybe you'll be back some time in the future after you've had a break and taken stock. Either way, all the best to you.

- Steve
    Nap likes this.
  9. Mookie Well-Known Member

The story of Dobbin our Panto horse is a nostalgia visit to my childhood.He and his friend the Jester are based on a childrens show in the 80s on Bbc1 about a dusfunctional group of ghosts and their human friends.I aimed the series of whimsical characters at people into nostalgia and also these were for my wife.A dear friend of my wife lost her Dad and brother in a very short timespan and i had this in mind to create something i could send painted by my friend to try and bring some laughter into her dark time.Ive sold a few so there are a few slightly wacky folk like me out there.
    I certainly dont think hes a turkey and its something thats unique to me and my little company.
    Pip pip.
    Richard.
  10. Woods457 Active Member

United-Kingdom
    "Rent-a-Ghost" that brings back memories...
  11. Chris Oldfield A Fixture

England
    Timothy Claypole et al.......some of the cast are sadly not with us any more.
  12. Mirofsoft A Fixture

Belgium
    Help them :
    first publish their Webb
    http://mookiesmodels.co.uk/
    Their facebook
    https://www.facebook.com/Mookiecat17/

At least add those infos on your profile page, eventualy add your facebook adress in the signature
    On your webb add also info's like : material, number of parts, introduce yourself/your compan etc..
    on the first page, give the names there of the usual sculptors you commissioned, be just a bit commercial
    Ipersonaly didn't knew you were a manufacturer . Now I know, I Will add you on the list at the next upgrade this month
    Best wishes for the future
    Nap likes this.
  13. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Fair enough. Thanks for the explanation. Irrespective of the pros & cons of the release (and the above comments are just my own subjective opinion, nothing more) the idea behind it is a very nice one. Glad you've sold a few. (y)

- Steve
    Nap likes this.
  14. Tommys War A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Good luck to you Richard, I hope to see you around the shows soon and share a salad mate ;-)
  15. Mookie Well-Known Member

Hi Darren.
    I will try and get to BMSS show next year displaying i hope.I live on salad in the summer mate.Hoping to start up again in the Autumn.
    See you soon mate.
    Richard.
    Tommys War likes this.