1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Critique "Monty" 1/9 Life Miniatures Bust

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Andrew Perren, Jan 2, 2016.

1. Andrew Perren PlanetFigure Supporter

Hello Planeteers and Happy New Year. This is one of my holiday projects and first completion for 2016.

Life Miniatures 1/9 Bust, General Bernard Montgomery 1944. All painted in acrylics from Vallejo and AK Interactive. I hope you like him.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Constructive comments welcome as always.

Cheers
    Andrew P.
    Mike Stevens, Joe55, Perseas and 9 others like this.
  2. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Nicely done Andrew
  3. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Very well done.
  4. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Nice job. I especially like the jacket and battledress.

- Steve
  5. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Excellent job.

marc
  6. arj A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Very nicely finished.

Cheers,
    Andrew
  7. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Andrew ,

You have certainly done a nice job , like the battledress what mixes did you use ?

The sheepskin has also come out well

Thanks for sharing

Nap
  8. Andrew Perren PlanetFigure Supporter

Thanks all for the feedback. I was pretty happy with how he turned out.

The battledress jacket was base coated in Vallejo English Uniform which seemed a little too dark and brown so I decided to only do highlights. 1st highlight was English Uniform + Vallejo Khaki, 2nd highlight added some buff to that mix. I ended up with a glaze coat of thinned 1st highlights to try and tie it together. Dark details and deeper shadows were picked out with Vallejo Dark Brown wash.

The sheepskin was basecoat of Vallejo Buff, then followed up with Vallejo Ivory, sticking to the peaks & tips of the textures where possible. A few lowlight areas where shaded in with Ivory with a dot of black added. A light Brown Vallejo wash gave it some depth and hopefully a more realistic tone.
  9. NickM Well-Known Member

Australia
    I really like this bust. Nicely done, Andrew.
  10. Joe55 A Fixture

United-States
    Personally I feel Monty's face could use some additional lights and darks to give it just a bit more contrast. This is not to take away from what you have done Andrew, it is a fine looking piece (y)! Since you are pleased with this result, perhaps push the lights and darks on the next project. Again, yours is an excellent piece of work, and I'm surprised that more of these have not been painted up and posted here. Looks like a fun project.

Joe
    Andrew Perren likes this.