1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Monk Warrior, Hospitaller Knights ca.1140

Discussion in 'Completed Figures' started by MacCoy, Jan 16, 2018.

1. MacCoy Active Member

Finland
    My first completed figure with shadowing & highlighting, and also a completed figure for over 20 years!
    I used mainly Vallejo acrylics for painting, enamel wash for chainmail shadows, and sand colored pigment for light dusting of the base and lower parts of the figure.

Figure is white metal, from Soldiers SGF 54mm, code SA-59, it went together well, had no casting flaws, some mould lines had to be removed as usual, I like the pose very much.

Hope you like it.

Attached Files:

KenBoyle, Scotty, Oda and 7 others like this.
  2. Tecumsea PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Nice work after all this time. Looks a bit awkward on that base. A different one with some extended ground work would improve the look.

Keith
    Oda, clrsgt and MacCoy like this.
  3. MoboSchreuder A Fixture

Looking great,well done

Mobo
    Oda likes this.
  4. Oda A Fixture

20 years is a long time to remain in the shadows my friend,especially after having seen the light.Happy you resurfaced with such a beautiful piece.You've got a lot of catching up to do so keep those brushes working and keep on posting your beautiful works.

Oda.
    MacCoy and Tecumsea like this.
  5. TERRYSOMME1916 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Figure looks great and more importantly you have taken your first step back into the hobby so you just got to keep the motivation going and there is plenty of inspiration on PF, having managed to paint the figure I suppose the next thing is as Keith suggested try and merge the figure base into the wooden plinth with a little groundwork, sometimes I would carve away part of the top of the plinth to allow the figure base to recess down slightly (see pic) WARLORD1.jpg and then you can use groundwork materials to fill up any gaps etc.
    I came back to the hobby after a 30 year absence and re-entered painting busts so that I didn't have to worry about groundwork but I have decided to finish off a Verlinden figure from way back and I am not looking forward to having to re-educate myself on how to approach groundwork, I am sure that all of the old products have gone such as TETRON mixed with PVA GLUE and no doubt I will have to shell out for a load of new stuff, however it has to be done.
    Welcome back.
    TERRY
    Oda and MacCoy like this.
  6. MacCoy Active Member

Finland
    Thank you for your compliments! And tips too. I started today working on a new project so there is still motivation left.
    Oda likes this.
  7. KenBoyle PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Very nice! You came back strong after all those years.

Welcome back, :)
    Ken
    MacCoy and Oda like this.
  8. MacCoy Active Member

Finland
    Thanks Ken.
    KenBoyle likes this.