1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Mongolian Horseman

Discussion in 'Completed Figures' started by harrytheheid, Apr 7, 2019.

1. harrytheheid A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Mfr : Pegaso Models
    Code : 75-908
    Catagory : Middle Ages XIII Century
    Scale : 1/24

Painted pretty much as per the boxart

_DSC0010.JPG

_DSC0009.JPG

_DSC0008.JPG

_DSC0006.JPG

_DSC0005.JPG

_DSC0004 (2).JPG
    Blind Pew, Ingvarr B, Oda and 7 others like this.
  2. DaddyO A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    (y)
    Only suggestion I'd make is the horses eyes need less white around them. Very little white shows unless the horse is frightened. (Here's an example, but google horses eyes and you'll get the idea)
    Cheers
    Paul

Attached Files:

Blind Pew and harrytheheid like this.
  3. harrytheheid A Fixture

United-Kingdom

Yeah, you're right. A bit more brown paint is needed in there to eliminate the white altogether, and then maybe followed by a tiny drop of gloss varnish on each eyeball.
    Thanks
    H
    Oda and DaddyO like this.
  4. DEL A Fixture

Scotland
    Great to see you back and with a single figure beautifully done.
    So used to complex scenes from you I'm assuming that the horde are just over the horizon;)
    harrytheheid likes this.
  5. harrytheheid A Fixture

United-Kingdom

Hi Del, umm yeah....:whistle:
    I finished this one in the photos below way back in 2016, but since then I've used a few of the original figures in several other wee projects, and I never really liked that "Barbarian with the Two Axes" figure anyway....so I'm going to be revisiting it with around five different characters.
    Two new kit figures that will fit nicely in with the scene are being posted to me from Russia tomorrow. So, lets say three weeks postal time to reach me in the Wilds of NE Cathay, and then, say, another three weeks to assemble & paint them. All going well, it's looking good for getting the revamped "Dungeon of Doom" done and dusted by end of May - but that's assuming I'm not dragged back to "Ye Auldie Countrie" for any significant length of time between now and then.

bh. 4-Apr-16_DofD.jpg

bf. 1-Apr-16_DofD.JPG

bc. 1-Apr-16_DofD.JPG

bl. 1-Apr-16_DofD.JPG

Attached Files:

6. MoboSchreuder A Fixture

Excellent work

Mobo
    harrytheheid likes this.
  7. KenBoyle PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Really nice work Harry!

Cheers,
    Ken
    harrytheheid likes this.
  8. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Excellent painting.
    Cheers
    John
    harrytheheid likes this.
  9. harrytheheid A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Mobo, Ken and John - thanks guys, I'm glad you like what I've done so far.
    As usual, it's too many ideas/not enough time -- as I'm juggling three or four different diorama projects right now, while also waiting for figure orders to show up.

Del -- in answer to your initial question; I do indeed have a "Golden Horde" just over the horizon, but these are 54mm and I only have the basic colors blocked in right now.
    1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

They're earmarked for a diorama idea that's going to be based on David Gemmell's first published book, "Legend", which is an entertaining enough romp.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Legend-Dre.../ref=tmm_pap_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=
    PS. Did you get the PM?

Anyhoo, I better wrap up, after all this section is for completed figures, not my half-done stuff.
    Cheers
    H
    Landrotten Highlander and DEL like this.